Yukon vs Brambler Gaiter

kpbrown31

FNG
Debating between the two. Will be worn for an early season archery elk hunt this year. Are these too much weight/thickness for an early season hunt? Seems guys on here really like the Yukons and I figured I'd buy an "all-around" set in case I end up liking gaiters for other uses in various seasons.

I am also curious as to what fits you guys with big feet, but very small calves. Thanks!

amack26

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Yukon gaiters. I tried wearing them but if the temp was anything above 50* they were too warm for me. I think that question depends on where the early season hunt is. I have been able to use mine comfortably twice. Once post holing through about a foot of snow in northern AZ on a late season elk hunt. The other was a few years prior on the same hunt. I tried using them another few times but I took the off pretty quick.

I run hot in most cases so they weren't for me. I don't have any experience with the Brambler gaiters.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
100% of the stuff firstlite makes is trash so I’d get the Yukons.

Can’t help with the small calf’s thing though, for all the shitty cards I was dealt in the genetics department, small calf’s wasn’t one of them.

Seeknelk

WKR
Early season archery I'd not be wearing full gaiters like yukons! Sweat city. They aren't needed unless you have snow and soaked brush. No gaiters in early archery

twall13

WKR
I'm with the others, gaiters have their place, but I prefer not to wear them if I don't need them. They get pretty hot. I wear them a lot busting through brush for upland hunting and on deer/elk hunts if it's really wet/snowy out. Otherwise they are just added weight and calf heaters. I can't say I have experience with either of the models you're asking about so I'm not much help there.

Seeknelk

WKR
I will say the Yukon is my gaiter of choice (so far) when I do use them. Haven't messed with bramblers and I won't. Might try Peax or stone glacier next tho. For early season I would like to try the lower ,lightweight type of kuiu, (name?) or the sitka flash, if I was going to use a low cut trail runner shoe.