Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 - best all around binocular?

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
A good pair of small binoculars will make you wonder why you always thought you needed full sized binoculars. I have Leica 8x32 BA's and Swaro 7x30 SLC's. Both are outstanding. The eye relief on the 7x30's is really long for small binoculars.

Buy a demo or used set of the Zeiss 8x40 sfls and thank me later. I have owned them all. Slc, Els, ultravid, ultravid HDs, Noctovids, Conquest HDs, Razor HDs etc etc.. The Zeiss ZFLS are by far the best glass I have ever used when you take into account size and weight, almost the same as most 8x32s, light/color transmission, and great view. They also feel great in the hand. Only thing really significantly better to me is the Swaro NL pures for at least 2.5 times the price.

Have you compared them to the SF 32mm? I bought the SF last year new from eurooptic for like $1300, usually are around $2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good pair of small binoculars will make you wonder why you always thought you needed full sized binoculars. I have Leica 8x32 BA's and Swaro 7x30 SLC's. Both are outstanding. The eye relief on the 7x30's is really long for small binoculars.

Couldn’t agree more. High quality 30/32mm Binos are a dream to use and carry

Although a premium 30-32mm objective binocular can produce spectacular image quality in full daylight a 42 or 50mm with the same optical design/components will always produce a more robust image. The advantages are always there but are more clearly noticeable in low light.

10ringer

WKR
Exactly what spiral horn said about low light. The conquest 8x32 is an all around Gem. But in low light the sfl 8x40 destroys it. The conquest will get you through all legal hours of shooting, but if you want Visibility before and after hours, you need bigger objectives. With the SFL having very similar size, better eye cups and a much better focusing wheel, I think places it, as the best all-around binocular dollar for dollar.

m477

FNG
In this thread and elsewhere, I have seen complaints about blackouts or kidney beaning with the Conquest HDs. Are some models in the Conquest lineup better than others in this respect? (8x32 vs 8x42, etc.)

In this thread and elsewhere, I have seen complaints about blackouts or kidney beaning with the Conquest HDs. Are some models in the Conquest lineup better than others in this respect? (8x32 vs 8x42, etc.)
There is no definitive answer to this question. Generally, I believe binoculars with a larger ocular lens and larger, AFOV Will have a more forgiving eye box than a similarly sized and similar exit pupil binocular

Buckhead

FNG
Just acquired a pair of 8x32 HD Conquest binos. Wasn’t in the market, but couldn’t resist a great deal. Had them a couple of days and they are impressive.

In comparison to my 8x32 non HD Leupold BX3 Mojaves, ergonomically better, crisper images, sharper edges and slightly brighter. Not significantly, but better. Not an optical expert, but in my experience, have found that with scopes and binos, the law of diminishing returns applies.

Honestly, the Leupolds are a better value and don’t give up much to the Conquests. Will be using the Zeiss though, this Fall. Again, just a hunter with unsophisticated eyes.

Just acquired a pair of 8x32 HD Conquest binos. Wasn’t in the market, but couldn’t resist a great deal. Had them a couple of days and they are impressive.

In comparison to my 8x32 non HD Leupold BX3 Mojaves, ergonomically better, crisper images, sharper edges and slightly brighter. Not significantly, but better. Not an optical expert, but in my experience, have found that with scopes and binos, the law of diminishing returns applies.

Honestly, the Leupolds are a better value and don’t give up much to the Conquests. Will be using the Zeiss though, this Fall. Again, just a hunter with unsophisticated eyes.
they won't give up anything until they do. you're just not seeing it. but many others would see it in a matter of minutes

Dddrees

FNG
Just purchased a pair of 8X32 hope to have them Monday. Do they still give away free extra long eye cups and are they worth getting?

They are absolutely worth getting if you typically run your eye cups all the way out however, I am speaking with experience from the 8 x 42 which has a much narrower apparent field of view

Dddrees

FNG
They are absolutely worth getting if you typically run your eye cups all the way out however, I am speaking with experience from the 8 x 42 which has a much narrower apparent field of view
Thanks, I'll have to contact them once I get my binoculars.