Zeiss terra scopes

Does anyone use these or have experience with them? I'm wondering how they compare to the mid priced leupold lines, i.e. The vx3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone use these or have experience with them? I'm wondering how they compare to the mid priced leupold lines, i.e. The vx3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 3-9x42 RZ-6 that is about 6 months old.

Nothing really special about it. Certainly sharp enough for hunting purposes, but not quite as optically as good as the Conquest it replaced. Center is good, but it falls off fast towards the edges. Pretty much like any other $300 scope as far as that goes. Eye relief gets short fast once you get past 7x, so not something I'd put on a .338 WM or even a .300. Durability TBD. Tracking seems ok so far, although I haven't tested it in depth. Clicks are solid enough for what it is.

I'd take a VX3i over a Terra every time. It's closer to a VX-2 IMO, and I actually much prefer the eye box and relief on the VX-2. It's basically a standard mid-range 3-9x. It that price range it will serve, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with a reason to buy it over a Leupold, Burris, Nikon, etc unless you just like the "Z" on the side.

Mtnboy

WKR
I had one on a Tikka .270wsm. Like Yellowknife, I'd put it in the vx2 range as far as clarity, it definitely is not a vx3 in my opinion.

I had trouble getting the eye relief right and actually took it off the gun after being scoped several times.