Zeroing windage turret on Trijicon Credo

Coldmaker

FNG
Hi!
Last night i bought a new Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42. Upon arriving home i unboxed it and went thru all the features.
when it came to resetting zero on the windage turret, i couldn’t pull out the dial.
I removed the protection cap, dialed 1.2 mils of correction to simulate an adjustment, and pulled as hard as i could, event using both hand, and the dial wouldn’t budge.

The instructions says it will pull out and spin freely to line up the 0 with the dot, and to push it back down.

Did i get a brand new defective scope?
seems hard to believe with their background in reliability.
Maybe i’m missing something?

thanks.

On the tenmile there's a small cover on the top of the turret that needs to be twisted off first before you can pull the turret off.

I *think* it's the same on the Credo?

Fox625

Lil-Rokslider
On the tenmile there's a small cover on the top of the turret that needs to be twisted off first before you can pull the turret off.

This is correct. You’ve got to spin off the ‘cap’ on the turret then the knob itself will be free to adjust.

OP
Coldmaker

Coldmaker

FNG
Yes that’s the one i named protection cap in my original post, didn’t know the right terminology to use.

OP
Coldmaker

Coldmaker

FNG
This is correct. You’ve got to spin off the ‘cap’ on the turret then the knob itself will be free to adjust.
You mean, like the one for the elevation turret? the windage one doesn’t seem to have a cap lime that, but i’ll look closer tonight.

Yes that’s the one i named protection cap in my original post, didn’t know the right terminology to use.
Understood - you take off the cover or the "protection cap" then you take off the small cover that is the same as the elevation turret as mentioned... one cover, one quarter sized locking cap. Then the turret pops off and can be re-set to zero.

OP
Coldmaker

Coldmaker

FNG
Thanks everyone, with your help i got it.
that secondary cap was pretty tight, so after trying a little twisting and it didn’t budge, and the fit songood that i didn’t see any separation mark i figured it was one piece.