Zoleo “sat pack” aka Garmin inreach

11boo

WKR
I hoped we would see more providers of sat based communications, this one seems new. Anybody try them ?

F2B2150D-79B9-4CF1-B9BA-24CB2346CA86.pngF2B2150D-79B9-4CF1-B9BA-24CB2346CA86.png

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
That would be why I called it a Zoleo , whatever it is it is new. Just wondering if anyone has tried one yet.

j33

WKR
read reviews from some local BC snowmobiliers and it's good. The guy that started InReach sold off to Garmin and ended up firing up Zoleo. Same Iridium network as Garmin.
Ultimately this is cheaper than the Garmin Mini, but the Zoleo has slightly higher subscription cost so after a few years might actually cost more, but compare the plans for yourself. 200hr battery on Zoleo vs 50hr on Mini, IP68 on Zoleo vs IP67 on Mini. Zoleo automatically swaps between your phones cell coverage and no cell coverage. I think those are the main points when I looked into it a few months back.

Zoleo is better and I would only buy a Mini if they discount them a fair bit. I'm holding off 1 more year with my old Spot as blew the budget on other stuff.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
read reviews from some local BC snowmobiliers and it's good. The guy that started InReach sold off to Garmin and ended up firing up Zoleo. Same Iridium network as Garmin.
Ultimately this is cheaper than the Garmin Mini, but the Zoleo has slightly higher subscription cost so after a few years might actually cost more, but compare the plans for yourself. 200hr battery on Zoleo vs 50hr on Mini, IP68 on Zoleo vs IP67 on Mini. Zoleo automatically swaps between your phones cell coverage and no cell coverage. I think those are the main points when I looked into it a few months back.

Zoleo is better and I would only buy a Mini if they discount them a fair bit. I'm holding off 1 more year with my old Spot as blew the budget on other stuff.
I hope it works as claimed, but I need two way comms and the Garmin is proven.
Too close to the jump off date to beta test.