Caribou Meat

KINGSNAKE

WKR
We are planning a caribou hunt in 12 to 24 months. We're gonna fly north and hunt the haul road or we might do a drop hunt with an air charter. Haven't decided that yet. I'm wondering what will be the best way to care for the meat. Should we buy coolers when we get there if we do the haul road. If we do can we use the coolers to ship meat home in. If we do an air charter do you still take coolers?

I took a freezer and a small generator last week. So glad I did that, all the meat made it home nice and cool, ready to process. No need to worry about ice or anything... Worked great, will never consider a cooler again.

If you do an air charter (we did as well, after doing the haul rd hunt), they will be able to do meat runs and get it in a freezer (Arrowhead did). Then you'd need a cooler to get it back to Fairbanks.

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
Right now the plan is to rent truck And drive north catch an air charter and hunt remote. I think it will be worth the extra money. I'm still in the research phase so I welcome all suggestions. I don't think a generator and freezer is Fezable on this trip.