2023 Bear Success thread

Congrats! I’m on the board with an Idaho spring bear, and am looking for a fat berry eating Washington bear to add another.

Maineiac

FNG
Kill a boar here in Oregon last night with my sons (6&8)150ish yards steep downhill. Savage 10, in .308 with 150 grain accubonds that the boys and I loaded up together. They helped skin it and cut loose meat. The youngest packed out the loose meat! Late night in the dark with kids and they did great! Have some pics with the boys in it, decided not to post those pictures.

KHNC

WKR
Dang, i was hoping this was one about the bear being successful. :)

Took this beautiful sow last night. Western Washington. She came out at 8pm. 220 yds 270 win 145 gr eldx clean pass through she dropped instantly. Took 6 hours to break it down and get back to the truck.
How was her hide? Head looks great. Hard to tell from the photos how her hide was. Congrats!

How many pounds?

Nice! Congrats again. My sow is with the taxidermist currently because she had a perfect hide. No rubs, jet black hair. Will make a nice skin.

Very nice, congrats to you both. Love that color on both those bears. I just can't seem to find one for the son in law, berries are just not worth a crap in our normal area. Hopefully it gets better.

bram751

FNG
Brand new to the site and I've never posted on a forum so forgive my ignorance in general. Saw this thread and figured I would share. Very long story short, I moved to AK a about 18 months ago and this year was my first rifle hunt, and first mountain hunt... also my first bear hunt etc etc etc. After a really awful spring (weather wise) I finally got out on a bear hunt in early June. spotted a black bear and made an awful stalk, scaring him back up the mountain. I retreated to my glassing knob and got comfortable, waiting to see if he would come back down the mountain side. While waiting, I had this fella walk up 25 yards behind me. Luckily I heard him moments before he came out of the alders and devils club. I was able to get prone and pointed in his direction. Made a quartering to shot at around 20 yards.

Attachments

• IMG-3157.jpg
    IMG-3157.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 137

KINGSNAKE

WKR
Way to start off with something easy 😂. Nice job. What’s the story?
It was part of a sheep hunt. Rain and fogged out of sheep hunting for the day, we spotted this bear from base camp and took off on a mile stalk. Not the biggest bear but the coat was nice and it will actually fit in my living room. Plus I do my own taxidermy so it's less work than a Giant bear. I am Super excited to finally get a bear.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
It was part of a sheep hunt. Rain and fogged out of sheep hunting for the day, we spotted this bear from base camp and took off on a mile stalk. Not the biggest bear but the coat was nice and it will actually fit in my living room. Plus I do my own taxidermy so it's less work than a Giant bear. I am Super excited to finally get a bear.
Congrats. That’s an awesome way to start

ssgjpd

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
First bear. Was hunting sheep in the Brooks Range and came across the bear. 72 yard shot with 6.5 PRC did it’s job.

Rough measurements had him square at 8’1” and 23 1/4 skull.

Attachments

• IMG_1355.jpeg
    IMG_1355.jpeg
    628.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1622.jpeg
    IMG_1622.jpeg
    583.7 KB · Views: 156