280AI handload question

OP
agardner00

agardner00

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to upgrade to a Cooper but for now I’m just going to try reloading for my Kimber to see what it can do. I get MOA or just a hair less with the factory 140 and 160 ABs. The partitions didn’t shoot well in my Kimber.

This is my 150g Etip load at 200yds:

68e9d480b7f82349f62ab68ff4e47b03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
agardner00

agardner00

Lil-Rokslider
If I can’t get the Accubonds where I want I was going to try the Barnes 145 LRX. I may have to try the E-tip.

Before I switched to the Etip I was using the ABLRs which were fantastic. I don’t have a photo but had equal accuracy and way better BC.

Before I switched to the Etip I was using the ABLRs which were fantastic. I don’t have a photo but had equal accuracy and way better BC.

I don’t want to use a design like the LRAB. To many bad stories. That’s a whole other conversation though. I’m just starting to reload. Waiting for my components to come now.

What Kimber are you shooting?

OP
agardner00

agardner00

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t want to use a design like the LRAB. To many bad stories. That’s a whole other conversation though. I’m just starting to reload. Waiting for my components to come now.

What Kimber are you shooting?

Yeah, the reason I switched was because I shot a deer at 80 yards with the LR. It put him down, but there was no exit hole and the entire front shoulder was blood/leadshot. I’m not feeding that to my kids, and I hate losing that much meat.

I’m running a Classic Select with a 24” tube right now, but am looking to upgrade to a lighter, more weather resistant package. The Classic is pretty, and surprisingly light, but requires constant attention to keep the rust off, and keeps acquiring little dings and dents to the stock. For some reason a scuffed up carbon stock doesn’t bother me nearly as much.

I am having a .280AI built right now. I am really looking forward to seeing what this thing can do. I was planning on starting with the 168 VLD.