300 Weatherby help

I’d say there is a bedding problem with the rifle.

7828 is easily the best powder for my 300 WBY.

OP
W

wgood

FNG
I’d say there is a bedding problem with the rifle.

7828 is easily the best powder for my 300 WBY.

That's also what I was thinking too, Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to have it bedded until November or December so I'm just trying to get by until then. I have enough rifles I should be alright, just looking forward to figuring this one out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's also what I was thinking too, Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to have it bedded until November or December so I'm just trying to get by until then. I have enough rifles I should be alright, just looking forward to figuring this one out

Don’t give up on it until you work on the bedding.

If it was a scope/mount problem, I don’t think you would see definite patterns with how each load groups. Seating depth isn’t real critical because with the freebore, you’re already miles away from the lands. I’d say the vertical stringing you saw with 7828 is promising. I’m usually pleased when I get stringing with a problem rifle. It tells me the load wants to shoot, it just can’t because of mechanical problems.

OP
W

wgood

FNG
Don’t give up on it until you work on the bedding.

If it was a scope/mount problem, I don’t think you would see definite patterns with how each load groups. Seating depth isn’t real critical because with the freebore, you’re already miles away from the lands. I’d say the vertical stringing you saw with 7828 is promising. I’m usually pleased when I get stringing with a problem rifle. It tells me the load wants to shoot, it just can’t because of mechanical problems.[/QUOTE
Thank you! Yeah I just don't have the time to bed it until later, just started back at school so I'm hoping maybe I can squeeze it in before November so I can take it out on a couple late cow hunts and for a late whitetail. That definitely makes sense that the bedding is what's throwing everything off for sure