$5k - $6k for a hunt….where would you go, what would you hunt?

Mjgrading

FNG
I bet if you called a guide in Texas, you could clip and axis deer, some hogs, sand hill cranes, and probably one other little side activity. I went in May (just for axis) and it was really great. Will be going again.
Did you use an outfitter?

My dream hunt is Saskatchewan whitetail. Lots of 6 day hunts from various outfitters are priced at $6000. Pre COVID those hunts were $4500. Of course there will be travel and gratuity expenses on top of that.

If you had $5k - $6k to spend on a guided hunt, not counting transportation, where would you go and what would you hunt?
Specific outfitter recommendations would be great!

Looking at the 2024-2025 season.
I wouldn't waste your time in Minnesota for bear unless you have time to bait for a few weeks and know that you will have bear in the area, the woods get thick up north and Walk and stalk isn't going to work up there.

For about 5k you could do a management or female oryx hunt in New Mexico. landowner Tag is $1600 and the guide/outfitter is 2500/3000 depending on female or management oryx. I did this hunt this year and it was a blast. Highly recommend it. Still have to factor travel hotel and tip.

A really good lease with exotics, AK or Canada bear hunt/fishing combo, or get a little more $ together for Africa. Wouldn't take home any meat but could hunt more animals for the money.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I guess I'll be the first to say Nilgai just a few hours south of ya. Its a unique experience, cool animal, and a lot of meat that would be easy to get home.

WCB

WKR
6k is a whole safari in Africa with 5 or 6 animals.
More than that if you go to a banquet or bid online for an African Hunt. You can normally get 3-4 animals all daily fees trophy prep etc for a couple thousand...that will leave you 3-4K to shoot other stuff/pay for getting animals back.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
More than that if you go to a banquet or bid online for an African Hunt. You can normally get 3-4 animals all daily fees trophy prep etc for a couple thousand...that will leave you 3-4K to shoot other stuff/pay for getting animals back.
100%!!!