$5k - $6k for a hunt….where would you go, what would you hunt?

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
Not true at all..

NM private land Antelope are OTC with a good shot at a BC buck in many cases.
Cats in NV and NM are otc
Oregon has outfitter tags that NR's can buy rather cheaply as part of a hunt
Elk and deer in ID have outfitter allocated tags
Guide draw NM tags have pretty good odds for elk depending on the unit
Nebraska and SD/ND have big mule deer in places OTC
There are big deer killed every year on OTC private hunts in AZ
Private land ORYX in NM is OTC and would come in at the top of your budget
A good free range barbary sheep is OTC
The list goes on..
I didn't price them, but I don't think those are $5000+ either.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I’d spend it on gas freelancing for waterfowl. But I also have a lifetime worth of gear and a boat😆

MTtrout

WKR
@TXHunt as you can see there’s many options. But why guided? Lack of gear or knowledge or looking for potentially higher success rates? Honest question.

Note I’ve never been with a guide and I would use that money for several out of state hunts. But if this is a serious question then perhaps tell us some more about what you are interested in hunting and not just a dollar sign

OP
T

TXHunt

FNG
@TXHunt as you can see there’s many options. But why guided? Lack of gear or knowledge or looking for potentially higher success rates? Honest question.

Note I’ve never been with a guide and I would use that money for several out of state hunts. But if this is a serious question then perhaps tell us some more about what you are interested in hunting and not just a dollar sign

Thanks for all the replys everyon!

To answer some questions, I have hunted lots of stuff here in Texas. Many exotics, including axis. So looking to go out of state or country. There are so many different things out there to hunt I just wanted to get some ideas of different things you guys have hunted that’s in that price range. And the reason for guided is to up the odds of success and while I have been hunting all my life here in Texas I don’t have a lot of experience out of state or country so it would be nice to have someone that knows what there doing.

Hunting mule deer and antelope in Wyoming for a lot less than that, leaving in five days. This is my third year going. Next year it will be Sika deer on Maryland's eastern shore, figure total cost for that hunt 2,500 to include guide and lodging. Have hunted Ontario for black bear in the 2,000-price range. Just got to do your homework.

MTtrout

WKR
Thanks for all the replys everyon!

To answer some questions, I have hunted lots of stuff here in Texas. Many exotics, including axis. So looking to go out of state or country. There are so many different things out there to hunt I just wanted to get some ideas of different things you guys have hunted that’s in that price range. And the reason for guided is to up the odds of success and while I have been hunting all my life here in Texas I don’t have a lot of experience out of state or country so it would be nice to have someone that knows what there doing.
Thanks you for some more background. I view hunting as a personal quest and not what others want to accomplish. Sorry if I’m not understanding your goals. I’m just saying it sounds like you want some new experiences so what do you want?

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
I would consider Adak, Alaska for caribou. My wife and I did a hunt there last year through Adak Lodge and Outfitters. It was essentially a DIY backcountry hunt with a great boat captain to get you into the backcountry. HIGHLY recommend that trip for folks looking for a unique caribou hunt.

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
No question, Mexico for Coues deer! It’s one of my favorite hunts of the year
I second this one. I go every year in January with a few buddies. The sheer number of deer we see is unmatched and it's been a blast every time. The outfitter we use does DIY hunts down there for under 4K. That covers a week's worth of food with, all the permitting for weapons and tags, and ranch access. Last year the 4 of us had about 7500 acres to ourselves for the week. Plus the drive down is super easy.