Affordable puffy coat

Not super cold here in se ga this winter, but when it has dropped into low 30's that cheapie costco y'all talked me into buying has been the nuts. Bought an xl for layering under and size seemed to run true, was expecting it to be a little snugger.

Cgeb

WKR
I have an old Cabelas down vest I think it was like $20 on sale. I use it at work (dirty environment).

I have a Marmot, OR and Sitka vests too.

I find the better brand names don't leak feathers like the cheaper vests. Deals can be found on STP. Amazon, etc. I don't think I paid more than $70 for the Marmot and OR vests. Amazon for what ever reason last year about this time was discounting OR stuff big time.

That being said I have always been happy with the Marmot brand.

I just ordered a Eddie Bauer new with tags off eBay for 62$+12$ s&h. It's the first ascent jacket and says it is 800 full goose down. I'll report back when I get it.

lkwoolsey

WKR
I've got a Jan sport Puffy (down) that I got a few years ago for climbing, but didn't end up using it too much. TYD for $50 if you want it. Plenty warm (worn well below 0) and really compressible. It's a medium, dark gray on the outside, light gray interior with hand warmer pockets and an inside chest pocket

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

I got my Eddie Bauer First Ascent jacket in the mail. I haven't got to wear it yet because of this crazy weather. It's 800 fill power and I thinks it's going to be a winner for les than a 100$. I've had a cheap down puffy from jc penny for a few years and I think this is a much better jacket.

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kuiu Teton insulated jacket. This thing rock. Super warm under my shell/wind shirt, quite and got it on sale under 100$. I like it so much I've just ordered the solid Kuiu branded insulated jacket(same jacket but gray) for around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncstewart

WKR
Might check cabelas. They have all the winter clothing sale going online. I know I seen some vest for under 75

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk