Any College wrestling fans as we head into the post season?

I would not say that he is a lock at 174 injured. Yes he has time to heal. I would be surprised if he wrestles this weekend. Probably makes weight and takes an at large bid.
Does two forfeits at the Big 10 tournament affect his seeding? Of course he could be seeded #32 and still win it all but just a tougher road through the tournament.

Probably drops him into the 2-3 range as a seed if he doesn’t wrestle. Lewis is no joke.
If Mekhi doesn’t beat himself before the match like their early season bout. He was mentally beat before he even shook hands. I was really pulling for him as we all know he has the tools to do it. We will see if Griffith shows up big or not, he’s definitely got what it takes.

Penn should walk away with it, but you never know with wrestling - a couple Spencer Lee type upsets and/or an injury and things could get interesting.

RE: Zaddicks....I was surfing OnX looking for some property on the front range near Augusta....I stumbled onto Mike's land. He's got a great chunk with the river at his back door and the Rockies out the driveway. Pretty sure Mike guided for a bit when he stepped away on his WalkAbout

@TheHammer

Sound like you're a fan and have some insight. I like how Ben raises his "kids" at AWA. On a mythical $20 bet.....Keegan or Mitchell?

I do hope Parker cruises to a Title as well. Works hard. Stays active.

This time of year...I alway bet AGAINST Penn State. Having watched for years now.....many of Cael's kids look like ass mid season. Take a few Ls. But geeeesh....when they're at the Big Show they REALLY PEAK and Perform.

RE: Carter. I fully expect him to weigh in and take the mat at Big 10s and medical out. I do believe it will affect his seeding significantly. Does he still Win. Man....without knowing his injury, I just don't know. Griffith does not worry me or impress me at all. Sorry Shane. Probably a great kid. But he's not aggressive enough or score enough points to Win. Even if Carter had one leg...he beats Mekhi. He's mentally not there. Carter SMASHED him earlier.

Levi Haines is my favorite Nittany Lion. Big Hunter/Fisher/Outdoor kid. He's looked like Ass mid season. While I don't think he's the complete package (I think Andonian pinned him last year, and he's had a LOT of calls go his way this season re: Saldate) I do think Cael and David earworm into his brain and feed him gunpowder this month. Yes, Teemer is a big, athletic dude. Scary. But he also gasses pretty hard. I will take Levi simply because he's Cael and David's dude.

I like NC State and Cornell too. Love me some Hidlay's. They both break my heart. Hayden's letter to wrestling pretty much had me in tears. Guy would loose 100 matches if he could suffer those loses to give his little brother a Title. I just don't see Trent beating Aaron. Not sure how I'd feel about it. Both great guys.

And Younger for Iowa State. Big Dumb Kerk is probably my other favorite Penn Stater....I just giggle watching him lumber and take the mat. Cael needs to get some of that Rogan smelling salts and wake that MF up!

I envision Younger giving him a match!

Lovett at 149 is a local kid from just down the road. Gomez just bumped off Nick Lee at Pan Ams. He's riding a high.

Bartlett my LEAST favorite PSU'r. Snooze fest. But he's peaking at the right time.

Other than Beard at Lehigh...I haven't followed them much. I know Crookham ranked pretty high. I need to watch some archived matches.

FYI Daton will be 26 years old at NCAAs. What impresses me most often with the Penn State kids is that they're just children. Levi was a true 18 yo freshman last year in the NCAA finals. Kasak is either 18 or 19.

There's still a difference and Old Man strength at these age disparities!

When Oklahoma State is on a hot streak I become a fan, when they’re not I forget the sport exists.
It's been quite the extended cold streak for the Pokes. If the Ferrari family fiasco had not imploded that would have helped with recent results.

If Coleman Scott was hired away from UNC to be the next head coach I hope Smith doesn't drag it out too long but an icon of the wrestling world like Smith probably leaves when he wants to leave.

I was somewhat relieved when they hired Scott. I was afraid they would come after Mark Branch at Wyoming (my wrestling alma mater) since Branch is a two time champ at Ok State. Branch won his first title as an unseeded wrestler with an 8-9 record.

It will be a sad day when Smith leaves. He is my favorite coach for breaking down scenarios. I watch his videos and use them for coaching. The way he breaks down a move is so thorough. Penn state is fun to watch. It is interesting how little parity there is in the history of college wrestling. Basically one dynasty after another with a few random teams winning a title.

I was an Okie State fan for a bit. Probably more of a Dieringer and Kaid Brock fan, but I would watch them Throw in Picinnini, Weigel and Derek White. I'd be hard pressed to name all the starters this season.

The Olejnik kid was crushing it this year.

FYI Daton will be 26 years old at NCAAs. What impresses me most often with the Penn State kids is that they're just children. Levi was a true 18 yo freshman last year in the NCAA finals. Kasak is either 18 or 19.

There's still a difference and Old Man strength at these age disparities!
I also dislike Bartlett...I thought the PD call the other day with Brock Hardy was chicken shit and I'd love to see Brock get him this weekend.

Always fun to watch college wrestling though.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Penn should walk away with it, but you never know with wrestling - a couple Spencer Lee type upsets and/or an injury and things could get interesting.
With any other team and coach I agree. With Penn State I don't. When is the last time Carl and his team underperformed when the bright lights come on? The entire mindset, attitude of his teams are different.

@TheHammer

Sound like you're a fan and have some insight. I like how Ben raises his "kids" at AWA. On a mythical $20 bet.....Keegan or Mitchell?

I do hope Parker cruises to a Title as well. Works hard. Stays active.

This time of year...I alway bet AGAINST Penn State. Having watched for years now.....many of Cael's kids look like ass mid season. Take a few Ls. But geeeesh....when they're at the Big Show they REALLY PEAK and Perform.

RE: Carter. I fully expect him to weigh in and take the mat at Big 10s and medical out. I do believe it will affect his seeding significantly. Does he still Win. Man....without knowing his injury, I just don't know. Griffith does not worry me or impress me at all. Sorry Shane. Probably a great kid. But he's not aggressive enough or score enough points to Win. Even if Carter had one leg...he beats Mekhi. He's mentally not there. Carter SMASHED him earlier.

Levi Haines is my favorite Nittany Lion. Big Hunter/Fisher/Outdoor kid. He's looked like Ass mid season. While I don't think he's the complete package (I think Andonian pinned him last year, and he's had a LOT of calls go his way this season re: Saldate) I do think Cael and David earworm into his brain and feed him gunpowder this month. Yes, Teemer is a big, athletic dude. Scary. But he also gasses pretty hard. I will take Levi simply because he's Cael and David's dude.

I like NC State and Cornell too. Love me some Hidlay's. They both break my heart. Hayden's letter to wrestling pretty much had me in tears. Guy would loose 100 matches if he could suffer those loses to give his little brother a Title. I just don't see Trent beating Aaron. Not sure how I'd feel about it. Both great guys.

And Younger for Iowa State. Big Dumb Kerk is probably my other favorite Penn Stater....I just giggle watching him lumber and take the mat. Cael needs to get some of that Rogan smelling salts and wake that MF up!

I envision Younger giving him a match!

Lovett at 149 is a local kid from just down the road. Gomez just bumped off Nick Lee at Pan Ams. He's riding a high.

Bartlett my LEAST favorite PSU'r. Snooze fest. But he's peaking at the right time.

Other than Beard at Lehigh...I haven't followed them much. I know Crookham ranked pretty high. I need to watch some archived matches.
We will see what Mitchell does with Hamiti first. I think Mitchell takes dean because of deans counter/defensive style. But Mitchell has been following otool for years and they are familiar with each other, I don’t think otool is as hungry as the younger version of himself. I’ve been in the room in summer camps. It’s local ish to me. I was an assistant coach a few years back as I just wanted to give back to the local club that structured so much of who I am in life.

The Olejnik kid was crushing it this year.
He was far from crushing it against Iowa (Caliendo). Same for most of his teammates. Something is wrong mentally when a John Smith team scores 5 takedowns in 10 matches (Fix 2, Williams 2, Plott 1). No one else was even close.

Coach Smith was more than a little upset with their performance especially in front of a packed arena at home.

Back