Any College wrestling fans as we head into the post season?

OP
J
I do like many of John's quotes...."They fell down.....like a building" referring to how easily they gave up takedowns.

I member when he was "about half pissed off at my '84 pounder" who I think was Moore who bounced around to 4 different teams.

OP
J
I am super High on both Hamiti and Caliendo.

I kinda forgot about Hamiti at Big 10s this weekend. He's gonna ruin someone's day.

Mitchell's gas tank is super impressive. I think he has that over O'toole. But I think O'toole is a few levels up on Funk.

Out of all the stuff Cael preaches on Gratitude and opportunity.....Mitchell seems to be the one off. Almost no PSU guys get excited over wins. "Not too high, not too Low".

Messenbrink is ALWAYS smiling. Before, after, during.....

I am sure they all like their Sport. Mitch is a kid who really seems to LOVE it. All of it. And I think that adds to his Danger factor.

TheHammer

WKR
@TheHammer

What's gonna keep your kids in Wisconsin? Askren to take Bono's spot?

You lost BOTH the Mirasola's to Penn State, yes?
Rumor has it he was twisting aidens arm as well. Wherever all 3 of them end up, they will contribute greatly.

The awa staff gets way too much joy and satisfaction from building kids early on and watching them work their way up through high school and into college. Pretty impressive if you ask me. They are also decent roll models.

jmez

WKR
I think Mitchell and Kasak both will end up top 3. Look out for both at Big 10's . Another thing Carl's wrestlers don't often do is lose to the same guy twice. Look out Lovett.

Nebraska consistently underperforms at the end of the season. Manning has done a great job but he does not prepare them for the end of the season well.

jmez

WKR
Pre seeds are out for B!G. No real surprises.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Idaboy

WKR
It's pretty insane the dynasty Sanderson has built, and he just sits their quietly during all the matches and never yells, would love to be a fly on the wall in that wrestling room and better understand his seemingly jedi master culture

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
The culture of Penn State feels totally different than other sports team dynasties. They look like they are still enjoying the sport and are not burdened by the pressure of keeping the dynasty going. I forgot which guy it was but said they would “play wrestling “ at practice. Which when you watch the guys like Nolf and Taylor it makes sense. As a team they chain wrestle so well and I think that’s why they are so much fun to watch. Even the year Iowa (2021)won the championship it still felt like it was Penn States party as they had 4 champs

OP
J
I too am very enamored by the Secret Sauce. Never been a Mason, but was in a Fraternity. We had sooo much hidden and secret symbolism, etc.

Penn State has secret symbols on much of their stuff. Even watching Kerk in the media day interview yesterday, you can see two white small circles over each clavicle with SW inside them. Watch when Cael preps an athlete and rubs them down. One of the last things he does is poke both those spots with his fingers.

Vincenzo Joseph did nearly the same things, and that's been passed down to a handful of the current guys. Watch their mat entrance. Many do all kinda wierd shit.

I don't think it's a secret that Cael is an LDS guy. And the kids that come out of his program...they love them some Jesus. Like....A LOT.

I think there are a ton of kids that go in just kinda Meh on religion and walk out pretty devout in some flavor of Christianity.

THink that's part of the Sauce. And I always wonder which kids don't really go that route or subscribe and what the outcomes are.

Just from watching how creepy and cringy Suriano is....I don't see him as a Subscriber. And would guess that's part of the Didn't Fit reason. But just guessing.

Idaboy

WKR
I too am very enamored by the Secret Sauce. Never been a Mason, but was in a Fraternity. We had sooo much hidden and secret symbolism, etc.

Penn State has secret symbols on much of their stuff. Even watching Kerk in the media day interview yesterday, you can see two white small circles over each clavicle with SW inside them. Watch when Cael preps an athlete and rubs them down. One of the last things he does is poke both those spots with his fingers.

Vincenzo Joseph did nearly the same things, and that's been passed down to a handful of the current guys. Watch their mat entrance. Many do all kinda wierd shit.

I don't think it's a secret that Cael is an LDS guy. And the kids that come out of his program...they love them some Jesus. Like....A LOT.

I think there are a ton of kids that go in just kinda Meh on religion and walk out pretty devout in some flavor of Christianity.

THink that's part of the Sauce. And I always wonder which kids don't really go that route or subscribe and what the outcomes are.

Just from watching how creepy and cringy Suriano is....I don't see him as a Subscriber. And would guess that's part of the Didn't Fit reason. But just guessing.
No doubt there is likely deeply religious ties, but regardless there's some major sports psychology going on there it seems, you gotta have physical talent but wrestling is an insanely mental sport....but any elite athlete regardless of sport usually has their mental game dialed

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
You are right about Suriano being a bit of an odd duck. After seeing how his career progressed I would bet he didn’t buy in. Still a great wrestler but definitely a serious case of GTL.

Afhunter1

WKR

Well, I can tell you there was a 4 time PA state champion that didn’t “subscribe” to the system and failed/drug abused his way out of Penn State and as of last fall he was supposed to be an assistant coach for my old high school program and he wasn’t approved by the board or something like that. What a fall from grace! Some Jesus prob could have made a difference there.