ATLAS Cooler & Tumbler June 2016 Group Buy-- Customer Feedback

dotman

WKR
I sent an email to cancel my tumblers earlier this week as I bought some from Walmart, have yet to hear back or have that order canceled. It was seperate from my coolers so I hope they don't screw it up and would be nice to hear from them.

RallySquirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Realistically, if these are coming over on the slow boat from China, and the order was placed at the end of June, there was no way these were going to ship on the 21st. It takes approximately 6 weeks to get something from overseas and that is only if it clears customs quickly. I would have guessed closer to 8 weeks from the time the order was placed. Then the units would have to re-crated and shipped to all the individual customers. Now that might not apply if they truly have "shipments coming in all the time" but that seems to be a rather suspect statement.

Not trying to be a downer but this was a deal that was simply going to take a while process. Hopefully the wait is worth the price in the long run provided the quality is there...

charvey9

WKR
No update on mine. I figured this would take longer than stated, but hoping to get them before I go elk hunting in September.

Has anyone reached out to Atlas yet? I am going to send them an email, but I am hoping they are just so busy with getting orders ready that they have not updated the website.

OP
GotDraw?

GotDraw?

WKR
ATLAS COOLER SHIPPING UPDATE 7/22/2016:

All,

I am back from the backcountry of CO and just got off the phone with the owner of Atlas (he is out of the country at present), here is Group Buy status directly from him:

1) ALL coolers ordered from the Group Buy have arrived stateside and are in the port in Long Beach, CA and waiting to clear customs. ALL tumblers needed to fulfill Group Buy orders are in stock at Atlas.
2) Long Beach, CA port is running slower than expected releasing containers through customs, our container is now 9 days overdue for delivery to ATLAS' fulfillment center.
3) Immediately upon Long Beach releasing the container, it will travel by rail to Houston, then private semi straight to Atlas' fulfillment (It will only take the container 4 days to arrive at ATLAS' fulfillment center once cleared by Long Beach customs).

I again reiterate, Atlas' *primary* business focus is large volume sales to big box stores, this Group Buy was an accommodation for us. Regrets to all that the timeline is running a little slower than planned. In addition, an unexpected/unplanned very large order from a big box store came in early in the Group Buy timeline, that order took precedence and killed the inventory they had on hand. Once that big box order hit, ATLAS put together a dedicated order for our Group Buy. That order, as stated, is in Long Beach.

Supposition and flaming are not constructive to trying to get this deal done.

I am sorry about the delays on this, but anyone who has real heartburn and feels a need to flame Atlas is free to go on line and cancel their order any time before this Sunday. ATLAS will hold a window open until this Sunday for anyone that wants to kill their order. However, as stated before, I know for a fact that any future deals will not be priced as favorably, nor will they have the free shipping terms we got on this gig, so pick your poison.

It is just a reality of business that ATLAS planned that the container would arrive within their normal window of expectation and that Long Beach is operating outside normal parameters and did not read that plan.

I hope this provides some clarity.

Best to all-

JL

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!! That is all I and I am sure everyone else needed to feel better. I deal with the CA ports as well and know how they can slow down in the summer months. Sounds like we should all be receiving before our September hunts.

Thanks again,

-dan

GotDraw thanks for putting this together and thanks for the update. I feel that you should not be apologizing for this. You did this community a heck of a service setting this all up. And saved guys like me hundreds of $$$ in the process.
I for one am glad I purchased what I did, and expected delays for an order this large. The price point was the seller for me, not speed of delivery. I think people need to keep that in mind...

I am not sure anyone is actually upset they did not ship on time. For me, I do not need one right now, but the simple fact that no one received "one from stock" is a little disturbing. Transparency upfront always wins, not after the fact. My Question is: They are used to working with large box stores and huge orders, yet no one has ever seen a cooler. I think the truth is they have done well with the tumblers, but the coolers are a new market for them. At any rate, the price was good, and the wait is no big deal, so long as they ship within a reasonable time of the original expected to ship by date.

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
To a certain degree I am upset that the order did not ship on time. In my world, if you do business with me you will get what is promised and I believe others should hold themselves to the same standard. I also believe that when a customer pays in advance, in good faith, the minimum they should receive is accurate information and that includes some form of communication between buyer and seller. I've sent three emails to Atlas with no response to date. Thanks though to Gotdraw for putting this order together for everybody. I do hope it will be worth it in the end.

xziang

WKR
I'm still anxious to put my hands on the one I ordered. I knew it was going to be a long wait and was expecting it. I'm kind of curious though as to who the big box stores are and if they have their coolers on their shelves so I can go see one. (this may have already been touched on)

kpk

WKR
To a certain degree I am upset that the order did not ship on time. In my world, if you do business with me you will get what is promised and I believe others should hold themselves to the same standard. I also believe that when a customer pays in advance, in good faith, the minimum they should receive is accurate information and that includes some form of communication between buyer and seller. I've sent three emails to Atlas with no response to date. Thanks though to Gotdraw for putting this order together for everybody. I do hope it will be worth it in the end.

If they are indeed waiting to go through customs that is completely out of their control and customs doesn't care if we get our coolers on time.

I'll be happy if I get it by September.