Backcountry Boots?

OP
B
Any thoughts on a pair of Danner Pronghorns? I know they are not mountaineering boots, but are they supportive enough for backcountry hunts?

Spoonman

WKR
same as every other goretex boot I have tried they all seem to leak early into the second season

That’s why I switched to boots with Hdry or Outdry. Goretex is a bootie that is in between the outside layer and the inside layer and it shifts and moves and wears out. With Hdry it is laminated to the inside of the outer most layer which doesn’t allow it to shift and move. That being said there are different thicknesses of GORE-TEX and I’m sure not all boot manufacturers use the same exact GORE-TEX bootie which may result in one GORE-TEX boot outlasting another in the waterproofing department.

Last edited:

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Any thoughts on a pair of Danner Pronghorns? I know they are not mountaineering boots, but are they supportive enough for backcountry hunts?

I had pronghorns and they leaked lol... really comfortable not a ton of support and they get a lot of bad reviews, that being said some people love them

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of crisps (I forget the model) last year they worked well and have goretex so I am anticipating wet feet this fall lol!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Go try on a bunch. Don't take anyone's advice on a forum. Everyone's feet are different. I tried several brands before I found the best fit for me. It sucks to be on a hunt to find out the ones that felt good on flat ground suck in the mountains.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a pair of crispi's (waterproof, uninsulated). I believe a paid about $300 and they are the most comfortable boots i have ever worn. Plus they only time my feet have gotten wet was in water over the top of my boots and once my legs got so wet that water ran down my legs and into my boots.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk