Backpacking travel rod suggestions?

Annnnnd it’s not possible to get to those places with a 4 piece fly rod or another take down fishing rod?
Pretty difficult fishing small creeks where avalanche debris and downed logs from past fires are over the creeks. Not impossible 40% of the time, but I prefer Tenkara for really tight places where those jackstrawed logs are and with the alder brush protruding out into the creek.

I do own several other spinning poles and fly rods for the times I stick to fishing main rivers or creeks that are wider than 10 yards.

I just got the Fenwick eagle 6' 6". Haven't fished it yet but quality seems solid and came in a decently nice case which was a bonus. Half the price of the st. Croix which helps because I had to buy enough for me plus kids and we'll probably be a bit hard on them...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Travis907

WKR
Definitely look into the Enigma fishing Pack Master Series fishing rods.
They come in several different models and the quality of rod is awesome! I own one, and it packs down in its own lightweight carrying case! Enigma is definitely worth a look for anyone wanting a backpacking or travel rod!

OP
P
Like the rod. Put a semi disposable Diawa 3000 on it with 15 pound suffix braid. Was able to cast a 1/8 rooster tail 60 feet into a little bit of headwind. Not bad!

I like the rod. Amazing how things change once you put a reel on it and the appropriate line

Green1

FNG
I use a very cheap bass pro brand ultralight spinning rod. Two piece so I strap to the outside of my bag but it has caught some nice trout in the mountain lakes. I like to bring standard flies and an adjust a bubble float that I can fill with water which lets me actually cast the fly out there.