Badlands Bamboo underlayer

oldgoat

WKR
Anybody have any of these that have worn them for any length of time? I just bought a set, I like how it feels and fits. Wondering if I should buy a second set, but wanted to get some feedback on how well it wears and works as it might be awhile before I can really put them through their paces! Just plan on using them for layering!

twall13

WKR
I'd be interested to hear some results as well. They keep popping up on Camofire for cheap and I've almost pulled the trigger many times but I'm hesitant to get away from my beloved merino wool. I know a few guys who like bamboo socks better than merino though...

OP
oldgoat

oldgoat

WKR
If you order them, trust their sizing guide and upsize especially on the top! I normally wear a large and ordered xl for the top and large on the bottoms. The bottoms are tight enough I had to work at arranging them, top is tight but not overly so. Wore the shirt today and it feels great.

I'd be interested to hear some results as well. They keep popping up on Camofire for cheap and I've almost pulled the trigger many times but I'm hesitant to get away from my beloved merino wool. I know a few guys who like bamboo socks better than merino though...

twall13

WKR
If you order them, trust their sizing guide and upsize especially on the top! I normally wear a large and ordered xl for the top and large on the bottoms. The bottoms are tight enough I had to work at arranging them, top is tight but not overly so. Wore the shirt today and it feels great.

I appreciate the heads up on the sizing, that is actually really helpful information if I do decide to place an order.

HOGSJL

FNG
I have a few pt socks that I like.

I also have some boots socks and though they are comfortable they seem to take forever to dry out. I have yet to try them in the cold weather (I bought and used in Australia) where it was very hot and humid. I am curious to see how they do in the cooler/dryer climate.

I would definitely try them on a short duration or carry another wicking layer that provided warmth.

They don't seem to keep you warm like merino.