Barbers

ODB

WKR
Am I just old now or is the Barber thing getting out of hand? I mean I'm trying to find my 82 yo dad a cut here in Boise and all I see are reservations, fancy cuts, tattoos, ear plugs, $50 trims and pomade... my dad needs none of it. help an old brother out.

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
I imagine he rolls out to GreatClips or Sportsclips he will be able to find something in the $20ish range?

But I am bald so I have no clue what the haircut market is these days - I just know my family in Boise all goes to SportClips.

There are few barbers and most are over the hill like the rest of us. There are very few barber schools. I went to great clips in Butte and Missoula. You would be money ahead to go to a vet supply and get a set of dog clippers And have someone that hates you give you a shearing.

SloppyJ

WKR
Nope, you're not wrong. That's what a barber is these days. I spent $75 on a pair of Oster Fast Feed clippers and I haven't been in years. Just have to wait until I'm in good graces with the wife to have her trim the back of my head and around my ears.

Am I just old now or is the Barber thing getting out of hand? I mean I'm trying to find my 82 yo dad a cut here in Boise and all I see are reservations, fancy cuts, tattoos, ear plugs, $50 trims and pomade... my dad needs none of it. help an old brother out.
Have you checked out Cadillac Matt's? Good group of guys.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Nope, you're not wrong. That's what a barber is these days. I spent $75 on a pair of Oster Fast Feed clippers and I haven't been in years. Just have to wait until I'm in good graces with the wife to have her trim the back of my head and around my ears.
Don't let her near a razor, then---ever--- ... ; )

CorbLand

WKR
I am lucky. My sister in law cuts hair so when she is around, I have her do it. If not, I have it cut short and let it grow for months. I would bet I am around 2-3 paid hair cuts a year at this point.

Swamp Fox

WKR
I am lucky. My sister in law cuts hair so when she is around, I have her do it. If not, I have it cut short and let it grow for months. I would bet I am around 2-3 paid hair cuts a year at this point.
087319d83a3cb6cea391d26a30cb4632.jpg

I bought a pair of Wahl clippers on Amazon for $40. I put the #2 guard on it, and my Wife cuts my hair. Hair is all the same length, so no fancy snipping here and there. Paid for themselves the second time we used them, and that was about three years ago. 70 years old, and most of it fell out anyway. I don't look as bald when it is short, when it's longer it looks thin and patchy and not so nice.

You're not joking.. Its WILD. Last week I tried to do a walk in a 2 different places.. nothing available for HOURS later. My hair is still un-cut

I flippin hate spending money on haircuts and my wife wont cut my hair. She did it twice and hates doing it. I put it off as long as I can and wait for a Great Clips coupon so its $13.99.

jpmulk

WKR
Haven’t paid for a haircut in atleast 8 years. Cheapo Walmart clippers and a buzz and I’m set. Figure by now I’ve saved a few thousand bucks at $20 a haircut.