Best "Reasonable" case trimmer

I REALLY hate trimming brass. I think most agree. I've had the RCBS power trimmer. Not really impressed. And I am cheap. I really don't want to burn $750 on a Henderson. Is there anything reliable, fairly quick and priced in the middle?

Axlrod

WKR
I use the Forster power trimmer in my drill press, with the Forster 3 in 1 cutters. Trim, inside/outside chamfer 10 cases per minute. The power trimmer is $70 to $80, but the 3 in 1 cutters are $80 each, and caliber specific.

B23

WKR
After having numerous different hand crank type trimmers over the years I bought a Little Crow WFT 2 trimmer a few years ago and couldn't be happier. The WFT 2 is their model that uses different inserts you pop in and out for cartridges. I have inserts for everything I load for. I have a couple they don't make inserts for but that was an easy fix by ordering a couple blanks and sending them to my gunsmith and he reamed them with the reamer he used to chamber my gun.

With the Little Crow WFT 2 trimmer is extremely easy to use, very accurate from piece to piece, and I can trim 100 pieces of brass in just a few minutes. I couldn't imagine using a hand crank type brass trimmer ever again.

IMO, the WFT 2 is the best affordable trimmer you can get.

Mack84

FNG
Mine is an RCBS Trim Pro 2.. wish I would’ve started with LE Wilson, for the option of inside the neck reamer

MattB

WKR
After having numerous different hand crank type trimmers over the years I bought a Little Crow WFT 2 trimmer a few years ago and couldn't be happier. The WFT 2 is their model that uses different inserts you pop in and out for cartridges. I have inserts for everything I load for. I have a couple they don't make inserts for but that was an easy fix by ordering a couple blanks and sending them to my gunsmith and he reamed them with the reamer he used to chamber my gun.

With the Little Crow WFT 2 trimmer is extremely easy to use, very accurate from piece to piece, and I can trim 100 pieces of brass in just a few minutes. I couldn't imagine using a hand crank type brass trimmer ever again.

Have it, like it.

I have the Franklin Arsenal...works really well for under 200 bucks...there is a guy on etsy that makes a 3d printed shaving catch tray..worth the 30 bucks..

gbflyer

WKR
I have a old Texan, my dad got it 50 years ago. It looks just like Forster. I don’t mind hand cranking but I’ve also taken the handle off, mounted it to a plate that I can clamp in a mill or drill press vise and run it with power. Be sure to lube the shaft frequently or she’ll smoke!

Agree with this one!

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider

I have been looking at these. How do you keep the excess brass shavings from flying everywhere?

MThuntr

WKR
Using the Frankford Platinum Trimmer Station. Trim, chamfer, primer pocket clean, or crimp trim/remove in one. It makes a giant mess so I have sandwich tupperware under the trimmer.

Depending on your job and access to Experticity you can get like 30% off Frankford Arsenal, Caldwell, and Wheeler products.

49ereric

WKR
I’m cheap as well and continue to do it by hand but if you shoot a lot then you need a real trimmer.