Best "Reasonable" case trimmer

MattB

WKR
Wow!! I should have done this DECADES ago. Cold ass day off and I am putting up LOTS of great quality, consistent brass ready to load. The WTF2 is amazing. Fit right where I wanted. I bought the cutter, 300PRC, 300 Win Mag, 6.5 Creed and 308 Win. Added two adapters and the case prep package. Was maybe $235 delivered and taxed. I’m thrilled
View attachment 508709
How are the case prep tools? That seems to be more of a “touch” process so I have always been hesitant to use drill-driven tools for that.

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Wow!! I should have done this DECADES ago. Cold ass day off and I am putting up LOTS of great quality, consistent brass ready to load. The WTF2 is amazing. Fit right where I wanted. I bought the cutter, 300PRC, 300 Win Mag, 6.5 Creed and 308 Win. Added two adapters and the case prep package. Was maybe $235 delivered and taxed. I’m thrilled
View attachment 508709
How easy is it to change calibers and get your cuts the right length? I was thinking of getting a bunch of the WFT version 1 so I could set the trim length and leave it forever instead of having to continually check and recheck and sometimes waste a couple pieces of brass trying to get it set up each time. Your set up with the WFT2 is definitely cheaper when looking at 6 or 7 calibers but for the sake of time and precision I was looking at getting the version 1 for each caliber.

MattB

WKR
How easy is it to change calibers and get your cuts the right length? I was thinking of getting a bunch of the WFT version 1 so I could set the trim length and leave it forever instead of having to continually check and recheck and sometimes waste a couple pieces of brass trying to get it set up each time. Your set up with the WFT2 is definitely cheaper when looking at 6 or 7 calibers but for the sake of time and precision I was looking at getting the version 1 for each caliber.
So long as you have 1 case that is the right length, it is super simple. Not a ton of work if you don’t either.

OP
J
RE: Case prep tools. It is very much a "touch" process,.....but it's just a chamfer and debur....which ones arent a touch process. It's the last thing I would really nerd out on. I'd rather have 100 rounds to practice with in an hour vs try to measure the variance in a VLD chamfer. Just me.

Swaps from calibers.....maybe 2 minutes. I swapped maybe 4 times in an afternoon after finding different lots of brass in varying stages. Again....SUPER precise? Maybe not. But if I am trimming 4 or 5 different batches of brass that I've discovered in various stages.....I am honestly not terribly concerned over .004". I am concerened if I am .004" OVER max length. But with the PRC...if I trim to 2.573" or the next batch at 2.571" I really give zero shits when I am finding some brass that was 2.587" which is .007" over.

I just don't think you can hold that or see that at 877 yards and 13 mph full value wind.

I also love the fact that the cutter mandrel is $20 with a $40 option. If it gets dull over time....schit can it and buy a new one.

I've only used it over the weekend. But I squared away a ton of random batches of brass and have so much back to uniform. I've mixed once fired and twice fired all around. I can simply run hundred through my process and anneal and give minimal schitts. All should be pretty uniform and I can grab any round out of a 100 round ammo box with confidence.

TX_Diver

WKR
The one thing I found with the WFT is that it was easy if I kept the drill going. Starting and stopping it would slowly cause it to shift. If your drill has a soft start/stop it may not be an issue but with my milwaukee fuel it was annoying til I figured out to just leave it on...

Rob5589

WKR
Just ordered the Wilson manual. Non micrometer as I only load one cartridge currently. Seems like a solid unit from what I have found. Fingers crossed.

Was using the Possum Hollow trimmer but it's a pita to get set up correctly. Plus it clogs with shavings pretty quickly. The Little Crow reminded me of it so I passed on that one.