Bugling updates?

yes we head out Wednesday as well. headed to eagle co so excited . You wait all year for a couple weeks of elk hunting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jaguigui

FNG
Elk turned nocturnal yesterday with the full moon in our area of MT. Not a peep the whole day, but once 9pm hit, they were bugling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
In Colorado this weekend and heard two bugles at night, elk were not fully nocturnal as I saw two bulls grazing for the first two hours of daylight.

Not all the bulls are bugling, but some are consistently. One was bugling every 2-5 minutes for the first/last hour of light every day; if only he would come on the right side of the fence. Sporadic bugles from 3 or 4 others in the general area. The rest aren't super loud quite yet, so mainly just the one who's decided to get vocal. Looking forward to next weekend and hoping for a weather change as it was 85 degrees in the shade every day this weekend at 8500ft.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Heard bugling every morning and night. Not too excited, just more instinctive responses.
That's pretty much what I noticed. The main reason I called it early this weekend

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MtnOyster

WKR
heading west Friday morning for 2 weeks and i'd say the weather is killing the bugles right now. Just pulled up a few places on the weather channel and wow!! its still pretty warm in places..............highs/lows, Paonia 90/56, Gunnison 71/41 Norwood 85/54, Telluride 71/46 seems like they never get crazy vocal until the temp gets into the mid to low 30's at night atleast in the few places i.ve hunted. looks like it may be another week or so before they get really loud.

Saturday and Sunday morning we heard a few chuckles and one bugle but nothing real intense. Monday at a different spot was all quiet. I glassed four bulls without cows as well, two of which were feeding together at midday on a ridge.

Bynumlife

Lil-Rokslider
Saturday and Sunday morning we heard a few chuckles and one bugle but nothing real intense. Monday at a different spot was all quiet. I glassed four bulls without cows as well, two of which were feeding together at midday on a ridge.

What part of the country are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted public in 77 (SW Colo) last week but was really just after deer.

Glassed up 3 bulls in the process... no bugles.

It was pretty damn hot, and I'm a born and bred Texas guy.

Missed a long shot at a nice muley. :(

UtahJimmy

WKR
Had one bull bugle Friday morning but silent by 8 am. Got to another basin and a young bull with about 15 cows/calves was bugling from 5pm on. He was back at it the next morning until 815. Started back up around 330. Got him pretty fired up and had another bull bugle across the drainage at last light.

Sunday was tough. Silence in the morning except one bubble around 730. Didn't hear anything until after dark and the canyon came alive. At least 3 bulls sounding off at that full moon.

Seems like the bigger bulls are still a few days away from caring about cows. Had one 6 pt come silently into my calls but he hung up at 67 yards.

The moon and high temps made this weekend tough, but I was in elk everyday! Any bull unit in Utah

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Baerman

FNG
Took three days to find some that wanted to play but finally got into some this Sunday at about 8k in Idaho. had two bull bugling and wife shot a 5x6 out of that group. packed half out Sunday, went back in Monday and there were three bulls bugling at first light. Just need to keep moving until you find some that want to play. Good luck out there!

Loco4dux

WKR
This thread makes me fired up! Anyone in CO Unit 70 currently? Headed there next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!