Cabelas rain suede

Hi guys,

Can anybody speak to the durability and breathability of Cabelas rain suede? There's a good deal on it right now. I know it's not a top flight system and you get what you pay for, but I can't pay for much right now.

Thanks,
Tim

I bought one several years ago and it has always leaked at the seams. Probably would be ok in light rain but not where your life would depend on it. I have a Kuiu chugach and it has never leaked but its noisy and pricey.

The biggest knock I had against it was its weight, it was pretty heavy compared to some of the pricier products.

I don't have the rain suede but I've used the MT050 stuff, mostly bad weather fishing. The MT050 stuff has been great.

I had the rain suede. It leaks. Not like gushing. But it weeps at the seams. Had a hunt in eastern oregon where it rained in the morning and dropped down to the low 30's by afternoon. If we wouldn't have been able to make it to camp as fast as we did I am sure I would have gone hypothermic.
Light rain, mist etc it did ok. Real work.. eat Ramen for lunch for a month and put that $ toward the good stuff ;)

Back