Grid fleece comparison

OP
E
If they made it (midnight) w/ a hood, I'd definitely give it a go. I've never handled one, but based on pics and stated weight- I think it's probably similar to Patagonia's Thermal Weight, but it has hood which is a must for me :)
The hood is a must have for me too, unless I'm not going to wear it while out hunting or fishing or skiing etc. I need that hood sometimes and it doesn't bother me when it's there.

I wish i had a costco....
What's the weight on it like?
Hood or no hood?
I think non members can still order online.

Unfortunately only blue rly in stock now but look on ebay stuff from Costco usually pops up there

Large with hood is 14..2oz

Sitka Core hw in XL was 14 also

Ambient UL 60 in XL is 10 though I really like that piece. I'm gonna pair that with a BD alpine start for lots of versatility

I have the condor fleece too that is great for the money. (13.4 in XL)

I have a mtn hardware one too. Lots of good grid fleece for the $ out there

Attachments

• PXL_20240210_050043076.jpg
    PXL_20240210_050043076.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 60
OP
E
Anybody ever see a grid fleece hoody with a normal hood that doesn't come up on the face? I'm still searching for one in a neutral color that has either a half zip that stops below the chin or no zip at all

Anybody ever see a grid fleece hoody with a normal hood that doesn't come up on the face? I'm still searching for one in a neutral color that has either a half zip that stops below the chin or no zip at all
OR Vigor hoody drops just below the chin.
It's very breathable, which could be an advantage or disadvantage for what you want (I love it while hiking).

OP
E
Tried the eberlestock pioneer hooded grid fleece and it's really damn good boys.
It's lighter than the sitka heavyweight but the fit is spot on just like the heavyweight and the hood doesn't zip onto my face. I'd say its in my top 3 of the ones I've tried so far and they're on sale right now. I tried both xl and large, and both fit awesome. The large being more fitted obviously.

twall13

WKR
Tried the eberlestock pioneer hooded grid fleece and it's really damn good boys.
It's lighter than the sitka heavyweight but the fit is spot on just like the heavyweight and the hood doesn't zip onto my face. I'd say its in my top 3 of the ones I've tried so far and they're on sale right now. I tried both xl and large, and both fit awesome. The large being more fitted obviously.
How are the thumbhole loops on that? I like that feature on my base layer and mid layer but some of them are done so poorly that they aren't worth using. I see it's on sale right now and I'm tempted to give it a try.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
E
How are the thumbhole loops on that? I like that feature on my base layer and mid layer but some of them are done so poorly that they aren't worth using. I see it's on sale right now and I'm tempted to give it a try.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
They're built in, and better than the thumb holes on my first lite gear and sitka since that hide when not in use. They're a little big but honestly they work
It's a lighter material similar to the Sitka midweight or Simms grid fleece but I genuinely like it and am impressed. If it had a kangaroo pocket it might be my favorite one

Attachments

• 20240323_210005.jpg
    20240323_210005.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 21

nick21

FNG
I also enjoy the sitka heavyweight and the fanatic hoody. Premium hoodies. I may purchased the mtn ops fleece and man!!!! I'm impressed. It's pretty heavy. I love the fit and the zipper. Good shit 👏