Can Rokslide do better?

IDVortex

WKR
I'd have to think real hard about whether or not I'd pay for it. I'm as cheap as they come.

I don't pay for any local or national memberships. No dip, cigs, booze, weed, golf, skiing, gym etc....

I've even been thinking about quitting coffee because I don't like buying it every month.
I'm only thinking of going away or cutting back on coffee due to health, that's it. I make my own coffee. Other than that. I only spend money on golf, and that was almost 3 years ago...

Man, I thought I was a cheap ass.
😂

I'm not saying I'm right, just saying how I am. Drives my wife crazy sometimes.

I'm not opposed to spending money, I just need to see the value in it, and tend to think big picture/ long term with my purchases.

Example: I dropped like $12K on home gym equipment a few years back, because the idea of how much I was spending for my wife and I's crossfit gym membership over several years was outrageous.

I think in general, it's really easy to justify a $10 membership here, a $20 membership there. Then before you know it you're paying hundreds of dollars every month in memberships.

I'm probably just a crazy person like my wife says.......

IDVortex

WKR
I think in general, it's really easy to justify a $10 membership here, a $20 membership there. Then before you know it you're paying hundreds of dollars every month in memberships.

all wives say their husband's are crazy. So I don't believe them. I don't follow crowds. 😂😂

I'll say this, it's crazy how quickly a few dollars here or there can add up to a few hundred very quickly, you're wise, not crazy.

CorbLand

WKR
😂

I'm not saying I'm right, just saying how I am. Drives my wife crazy sometimes.

I'm not opposed to spending money, I just need to see the value in it, and tend to think big picture/ long term with my purchases.

Example: I dropped like $12K on home gym equipment a few years back, because the idea of how much I was spending for my wife and I's crossfit gym membership over several years was outrageous.

You and I are similar. I don’t spend small amounts of money so when I really want something, I can get what I want.

My wife wrecked my pickup and I could have gotten one for about 10K cheaper than what I ended up getting but I opted to get what I wanted.

I ain’t giving up coffee and I do like to strap a board on and go to the local ski hill every once in a while though. I drink Folgers though and one of the 2.5 pounders lasts me 2-3 months.

Last edited:

KenLee

WKR
I'd have to think real hard about whether or not I'd pay for it. I'm as cheap as they come.

I don't pay for any local or national memberships. No dip, cigs, booze, weed, golf, skiing, gym etc....

I've even been thinking about quitting coffee because I don't like buying it every month.
No dip, coffee or booze?
If I had to do without those and wild women and I'd jump off a cliff

No dip, coffee or booze?
If I had to do without those and wild women and I'd jump off a cliff
All that stuff will steal your money twice. It'll nickel and dime you when you buy it, then it'll steal all your savings and quality of life when you're old and paying for Healthcare because of it.

As far as wild women, one is all I can handle anyways. She'll also steal all my money twice in the same ways.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
All that stuff will steal your money twice. It'll nickel and dime you when you buy it, then it'll steal all your savings and quality of life when you're old and paying for Healthcare because of it.

As far as wild women, one is all I can handle anyways. She'll also steal all my money twice in the same ways.
She doesn’t read rokslide does she?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm only thinking of going away or cutting back on coffee due to health, that's it. I make my own coffee. Other than that. I only spend money on golf, and that was almost 3 years ago...
There is no evidence that coffee is unhealthy. Though if you are drinking it all day it probably messes up your sleep. There is evidence (though low quality) that coffee is good for you with increasing benefits to to three cups per day, somewhere between 3-5 cups there is no added benefit from consuming more per day.

IDVortex

WKR
There is no evidence that coffee is unhealthy. Though if you are drinking it all day it probably messes up your sleep. There is evidence (though low quality) that coffee is good for you with increasing benefits to to three cups per day, somewhere between 3-5 cups there is no added benefit from consuming more per day.
Coffee alone isn't bad, it's creamers, etc that goes in them that is trash. Which is what I need to cut back on.

JjamesIII

WKR
110%. People pay RMEF, WSF, etc...all kinds of other national and local memberships. Dip, cigs, booze, weed, golf, and other forms of entertainment. Why should Rokslide be free? Outside of the mods, I'd say we all get significantly more out of it than we put in. Even if it was just $10/year.....something.
Who wants yet another subscription fee? WE collectively make this thing worthwhile. I would bail tomorrow if fees were added -just out of principle. If people can’t decipher a bot/scammer or can’t self-regulate a simple forum, then we are a sorry bunch. I think it’s overall a good place to exchange ideas and should continue to run as is.

Nockdown

FNG
I would pay for access to a good forum/classifieds. I’m sure then the meme game would improve, the parroting would decrease, and the scams would go away. Honestly though it doesn’t take much to spot a scam. WTB is a honey bun to a raccoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would pay for access to a good forum/classifieds. I’m sure then the meme game would improve, the parroting would decrease, and the scams would go away. Honestly though it doesn’t take much to spot a scam. WTB is a honey bun to a raccoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd say the meme game is already at an elite level. Better hope the MHG doesn't catch wind of your thoughts. If so, this thread is toast.

Who wants yet another subscription fee? WE collectively make this thing worthwhile. I would bail tomorrow if fees were added -just out of principle. If people can’t decipher a bot/scammer or can’t self-regulate a simple forum, then we are a sorry bunch. I think it’s overall a good place to exchange ideas and should continue to run as is.
$10/365 days = 2.7 cents per day. Sounds like we got some real misers among us. Good luck with that

BWise5707

FNG
Lately, I have noticed an increase in posts from obvious spammers. I'm not technically savvy enough to know whether they are bots or actual people, but their postings are very obvious.

Random "welcome" or bringing up a five year old thread with some generic rambling.

Their usernames also generally look questionable.

They're obviously here to scam people in the classifieds and I believe that the burden lays on the individual involved in the transaction. There is really no excuse to not do your own diligence. However, I can certainly see how people who are less accustomed to these things may not catch on. If you are buying or selling, read the previous postings from people and ask yourself if they seem legitimate. I personally won't be dealing with anyone other than reputable members.

So my question is, can Rokslide do better to prevent these asshats from getting in?

Maybe the security questions need to be tightened up? Do we need to go to a paid membership for access?

I am one of the new users here. Love the site. However, in the first day I was banned for spam. The rules state that you must post 10 times before being able to reply to classifieds or PM. So I did the most logical thing and just replied "awesome" to one post and that's what did it for me. Hindsight, now I see why I was banned and that it is people like me just trying to comment to hit the threshold that irritate others. Now. With that being said I think this site is extremely helpful and wpuld not mind a subscription.