Can we stop being rude & insulting please? Think before you click. Please don't get banned!

Trial153

WKR
Something I try, not always successfully to live by.

Memento Mori . You can leave life right now. Let that determine what you do and say and think.

Can we stop being rude & insulting please? Think before you click. Please don't get banned!​

unfortuntaley it seems to be the rokslide way.

Here's a way to keep yourself accountable, Sign your posts with your actual name. That's why I use Yoder. It's my name. I try to post things I would actually say to people in real life.
Exactly. Same. I delete 50% of my responses before I hit post reply and don't bother to respond in most instances. The whole "if you don't have anything nice to say" rule kicks in when you're actually accountable for what you say. Funny how that works. I decided that's how I would roll when I watched my first dumpster fire fishing/hunting forum unfold nearly 20 years ago already.

Plus grown men giving themselves cute little hunting nicknames on the internet is...........weird.........

Swamp Fox

WKR
I frequent a few different forums for hunting and other hobbies and by far the most moderated forum is RS. My belief it’s due to the members being more sensitive than other forum’s members. I say this due to seeing how some RS members act on other hunting forums. For lack of a better word I find it ironic as to the image RS tries to portray 😄.

“We’re going to run our floor less tent and go ultralight light way back there but OMG you hurt my feelings with your post. REPORTED.

Of course all my opinion from browsing different types of forums since 1999…
I've been lurking for for a while but only joined recently ... Give me a minute ...

That's the Chicago Way. ;)

KenLee

WKR
Here's a way to keep yourself accountable, Sign your posts with your actual name. That's why I use Yoder. It's my name. I try to post things I would actually say to people in real life.
Truth. If I'm an ass, which i can be, someone can find me fairly easily.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Truth. If I'm an ass, which i can be, someone can find me fairly easily.
Ken Lee from Bloomington, Indiana and one from Timmonsville, SC each claim they have *never* been an ass. It was harder to find the one from Timmonsville ...

KenLee

WKR
Ken Lee from Bloomington, Indiana and one from Timmonsville, SC each claim they have *never* been an ass. It was harder to find the one from Timmonsville ...
They may never have, but the one from Spartanburg County is a different story 😀

In my latter working years, I strived to build teams. That is where someone would toss out an idea and the rest of the team would try to improve it with various options. Collectively I found the team could create, develop, and fine tune a concept better than any one individual.

Sadly you find in society that the vast majority can only see why an idea needs to killed or why only their idea is worthy but without any modification.

It is rare to work with a constructive team and it is extremely rewarding. I hunt with 1 or 2 gents and have for a number of years. We determine where to hunt together and then build the plan of attack. Then we each go our way in the woods to contribute our individual share of the plan. Probably why we are at nearly 100% success rate.

I look at the forum as an open table of concepts for me to pick from or contribute to. After 60 seasons, I don't find a lot of ideas we haven't tried but every once in a while - surprise.

Nasty, bitchy, cranky is what I left when I retired from my salary job. I don't choose to participate in that anymore. Please take it to work and share there.