CO leftover tags?

Ridiculous.

Never could get through on the 800 number. Now the 800 number just goes to a message that says we're sorry our licensing system isn't working.

My online attempts failed over and over at different points including the payment screen. The website keeps saying different things. First it said they were having trouble, but keep trying! Then, it said it would be down for 15 mins. Now it is supposed to be down until 11:30. I'll believe it when I have the receipt for my leftover cow tag.

I was trying online and kept getting errors, so I went down to the Durango CPW office thinking it was the website. There was a long line, an officer stated that the system was down state wide. They kept trying to make license sales, and would get one to go through ever 25 minutes or so.

I was trying online and kept getting errors, so I went down to the Durango CPW office thinking it was the website. There was a long line, an officer stated that the system was down state wide. They kept trying to make license sales, and would get one to go through ever 25 minutes or so.

You're living up to your handle.

You're lucky - Good Job!!! All I continue to get is the "site is down will be back up at 12:00 MDT. I've about worn out my computer mouse....

Wow, finally able to get in after trying non-stop on several browsers for hours, and tag is gone. Does anyone else think that maybe CPW should hold do-over, kind of like they did with the deer tag snafu in the initial draw? I wonder how many people had it error out at check-out around ~9:30am MDT like I did? Very frustrating....

I logged in at 1:00 PM CST and had the tag purchased at 1:04 PM CST- I just checked and there is only 1 tag left for the 1st Rifle Season Elk unit I selected (There was 30 or 40 before the draw started this morning.

Hope everyone gets their tags! This was a real pain in the rear- my fingers hurt from dialing and clicking refresh.

finally successful myself. I went to Internet Explorer and got right in. Was using Google Chrome before! Bear tag in pocket :D

Tried to get a certain tag but quota was filled by the time it went thru. Bear tags are easy. Most of them don't sell out.

Wish I wasn't in Cali on a fire. Makes things more difficult

Tried to get a certain tag but quota was filled by the time it went thru. Bear tags are easy. Most of them don't sell out.

Wish I wasn't in Cali on a fire. Makes things more difficult

Ha, not in my unit. Historically it sold out in under 20 mins.

Can you explain what you mean by this...

X2.
I really doubt this was some sort of conspiracy. In fact, I think that having the system crash would have the opposite effect because customers became so frustrated that they just gave up on trying to buy a tag.

My guess is that the website crashed because the servers couldn't handle the volume. This was the first year customers could buy a leftover tag online the day they went on sale. They probably didn't expect it to be as popular as it was and dropped the ball on having servers big enough to handle it.

X2.
I really doubt this was some sort of conspiracy. In fact, I think that having the system crash would have the opposite effect because customers became so frustrated that they just gave up on trying to buy a tag.

My guess is that the website crashed because the servers couldn't handle the volume. This was the first year customers could buy a leftover tag online the day they went on sale. They probably didn't expect it to be as popular as it was and dropped the ball on having servers big enough to handle it.

Agreed. There is a set number of leftover tags, they make the same amount of money whether they sell them all in one hour or one month. Everyone wants to think the CPW or other agencies have some sort of money making scheme or conspiracy going on but they are government employees... they aren't that smart :D

While there is a set number of tags leftover, the revenue they generate is variable based on the resident/non-resident purchase ratio. Once they go to "Leftover-Leftover" status, there are no restrictions on resident vs. nonresident quotas, so the higher the percentage of non-res buying those leftover tags, the higher the revenue generated by the leftover tags. The previous system favored those who could be at a license agent in person (typically residents), so a higher percentage of leftover tags likely went to residents (at 1/10th the revenue of an out of state purchaser). With online sales occurring simultaneously as in-person and phone, a higher portion of the leftovers (likely) went to non-res, increasing the revenue generated by the leftover tags. Do i think it was a conspiracy strictly to make more money? No. However, giving non-res a better shot (simultaneous online sales) at leftover tags would increase revenue vs. the old system that favored in-person sales.

As was said. They aren't that smart. They just offer the tags, and how it turns out is how it turns out. You'll find the average number of NR tags sold stay pretty close from year to year.

I'm pissed, had it error out on the payment screen.

Did the same to me... crashed right after I submitted payment info. Went back later and it said their werent any left. Looked again when I went back on to get my elk tag and It does show the deer tag as "already on file" under leftover licenses but they havent ran my card yet. Does yours say anything about the tag you tried to get when you went back into the leftover license section?

Back