Colorado Leftover List

ChrisAU

WKR
They should just have them all setup to post on eBay at 9 am. eBay's servers could handle it, checkout would be quicker, and they could cut a deal with eBay like all big sellers do. Probably cost them less than it does to try to maintain shitty servers all year just for one day that never work.

eBay would be awesome. But don’t people build bots to cheat that system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also obnoxious that hunters ed info is not a saved part of your profile and you have to type it in each time. Which required the page to load twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvmnts

WKR
There was no chance that the system could handle the load. It's extremely hard to build a system that is going to work well day to day and then handle a 10,000x+ increase in load within a minute. It's like trying to build a grocery store that works as a normal grocery store, but also functions flawlessly when a whole stadium of people let out after a game and want to all shop at the same time. It's technically feasible to build software like that, but it's just not going to happen with the budget an expertise available to CPW, and that's not an insult. It takes a lot of really talented and expensive engineering. There are lots of high end websites out there that buckle under the the same types of load.

It's not really the team's fault. Hopefully they can bring in some expertise next year and keep working on the system, but I don't expect there to be a budget for it. A friend of mine who went to a park in person supposedly was able to get a tag. It looks like they have two front ends built, one for the public and one for agents, so their system is still up and running. Guess it's waiting in line for me next year.

Crashed immediately at 9. took 15 minutes to get everything to load and hunt code was gone by then. Guess we are trying plan b.

mvmnts

WKR
I got in and got my c tag. Never done the leftover draw before. I wish I hadn't taken a second choice A tag for deer that I didn't really want and just waiting to get one for my otc elk unit.

topher89

WKR
Checked out a 9:48. Not quite what I wanted but between this and the draw, I have an elk tag, 2 deer and 2 antelope tags. Its going to be a great fall!

fishslap

WKR
I was working through the system and didn’t get anything. Tried for a buck antelope muzzy tag, two different muzzy doe tags, doe late rifle tag, 1st season cow tags. All gone.

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
I can't help but think they do the leftover tag sale at 9am on a tuesday to reduce the number of people that can actually get online. Tried to sneak it in at work but to no avail. OTC here I come!!