Couldn’t stand it any more, EXO is on the way.

can't go wrong with EXO! my EXO is one of my packs i won't get rid of.... great pack, super comfortable, well designed and backed by a team of standup people.

congrats!

Jbxl20

WKR
I have the k3 6400 and love it. I don’t regret getting the bigger bag at all. Packs down just as small as the other bags

Jbxl20

WKR
As far as an honest review.... Besides training with it. I’ve used it for some overnight trips, day hunts and most recently a weekend TAC event. It’s 30-35lbs usually with water and other gear. It rides awesome and I never have any issues with it as far as comfort. However when I put a 50# sandbag in it I feel like it wants to ride down past my butt. I’ve gotten ahold of EXO and they gave me some recommendations that helped a lot. So if it doesn’t feel right keep adjusting it.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Let us know how you like it. I’ve been looking for a good honest review
My son will be using it first, in July on a week and a half trip. I didn’t draw a lic this year, and I have planter faseitus bad, so I got to get that taken care of before I get to try it.

Not sure what you mean by that, I surely ain’t singing praises about it being the best or any thing. I don’t have it and have not owned one of their pack yet. But I am excited to try it out. What’s up with you ?

Sorry, reckon that’s was uncalled for.

Rob5589

WKR
As far as an honest review.... Besides training with it. I’ve used it for some overnight trips, day hunts and most recently a weekend TAC event. It’s 30-35lbs usually with water and other gear. It rides awesome and I never have any issues with it as far as comfort. However when I put a 50# sandbag in it I feel like it wants to ride down past my butt. I’ve gotten ahold of EXO and they gave me some recommendations that helped a lot. So if it doesn’t feel right keep adjusting it.
When I first got mine I was actually kind of disappointed. With weight it wasn't significantly better than my Alps pack. It wasn't until I watched the proper fit video that I realized I shouldn't be wearing the pack belt where I wore my pants belt. Waaay too low. After getting it up on the hip bones is when I had the "Ah ha" moment. With any pack the fit is crucial.

WRM

WKR
Started with Exo K2. My only issues with it were: belt and torso length. I have "no assitol" disease and swapped EXO belt for a HPG Prairie belt--problem solved. My torso length was a shade long for the K2 frame, so I made do. Just sold that frame to another RS member.

K3 solved the torso length issue, so I now could get the load lifters "fully involved". The EXO belt was better than the K2 belt but still not as good as the HPG. The early K3 belts would not allow a captured belt swap. Just found out EXO changed the main belt piece and I can now run the HPG belt captured on that frame. Near perfection.

You should be able to get nearly any pack to ride comfortably with 50 pounds. The real test is when you get North of there--particularly pushing 100. Put at least 90 in it and see how it rides then.

If you can't keep the pack from sliding down your hips and you're confident you are running the belt at the right height (critical--see above post), then you too may need to consider a Prairie belt. That is always the last puzzle piece for me in making a heavy pack ride correctly and "comfortably".

I have the older K2 3500 and 5500 bags. Like them both.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
What kind of rain cover are you guys using on the EXO 6400 ? They don’t seem to offer them.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Just found out EXO changed the main belt piece and I can now run the HPG belt captured on that frame. Near perfection.

Did you just give them a call to order the changed main belt piece? The velcro belt attachment is the one thing I really dislike on my K3.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Well as far as an honest review, the only thing I can tell you is my son has claimed it as his. He loves it so far, trying it with 50lb bag of corn so far. Looks as though I may need to buy another one for myself, if I can get rid of this pain in my feet, if not I won’t need one I guess.