Couldn’t stand it any more, EXO is on the way.

Jbxl20

WKR
What kind of rain cover are you guys using on the EXO 6400 ? They don’t seem to offer them.
I bought a Sitka one of Camofire for 29$. It works for what I load it with with, And has lots of room to spare but If your really maxing out the 6400 size I don’t know if it would fit height wise

Well as far as an honest review, the only thing I can tell you is my son has claimed it as his. He loves it so far, trying it with 50lb bag of corn so far. Looks as though I may need to buy another one for myself, if I can get rid of this pain in my feet, if not I won’t need one I guess.
of course individual fit varies a good amount, but in hunt mode (not hauling a heavy load of meat, or base camp on your back) EXO are the most comfortable and least restrictive pack i have ever had on.... with a really heavy load, they hang with the best....

i have not tried a K3, but have owned a K1 and K2.... all i know is i really like the K2. i live and hunt the OR coast, and a few years ago fell in love with the MR popup, it's custom made for chasing roosies in the coastal rainforest.... i got my K2 early last spring, and was bouncing back and forth between that and my popup, but then i just started wearing the EXO every day... for a substantial full framed pack, it's so light, comfortable and agile.... still love the ingenuity of the popup packs, but i don't know how much i will wear it going forward, because that EXO is pretty dang streamline and very comfortable... they are seriously great packs.

i also have a kifaru i love, and won't be getting rid of that either, both packs are top notch and i'm glad i don't have to choose one to keep..... picking a favorite of those packs would be like picking your favorite child :LOL: i don't have a favorite, they are different but like them equally.... i like both companies a lot too.... it would be pretty hard to not like and appreciate the EXO team, they are awesome, and you can feel very confident owning anything they make.... and it's going to be good no matter what it is.

i feel spoiled having these super high quality packs that are built and designed by hunters that hunt hard and have success, and can't settle on "good enough" the good ol' days were great, but the packs i use to wear sure weren't, haha.

last week of deer season i packed out 2 whole bucks from basically the same area, just opposite sides of the ridge, both mature bucks, both packs were north of 100# with the meat and pack contents... different packs... both deer were just shy of 4.3 miles from the pickup... first pack was one i also got last spring... also a great pack, just didn't fit me well (most tout it's heavy load comfort, so it wasn't the pack, just my fit) and that pack out sucked.... wore me out and i had a lot of discomfort...

next one, a few days later, it was a hair further away but not much, wearing the EXO, i was blown away how different of an experience it was.... i could have hauled that load around all day long.... yeah, it was heavy, and there is no way to be "comfortable" under that much weight for that long of a distance, but it was easy in comparison, and the next morning we did another day of a bunch of miles and it was like nothing ever happened.... no hot spots or bruises from the pack, which i had both the week before.

hard to beat EXO, they are an excellent, well thought out pack system. really hope your feet get better, and when they do, you should have a pack waiting for that hunting.... buying an EXO is a pretty good hunting investment.