Cow depredation tag source?

I’m looking into doing a later season cow “hunt”/shoot. I know various states give our land owner tags or depredation tags for later in the year. I’m getting stumped looking for where to find landowners who want people to come shoot elk. I’m sure they are charging a trespass fee or whatever which is fine, but I can’t seem to find where to even start really digging into it. I know I’m probably too late for this year, but maybe next year? Am I dumb, or is it just a matter of knowing someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laramie

WKR
Those don't happen too often and when they do, landowners have absolutely zero problem finding willing shooters. Your best bet is to look into outfitters offering late season cow hunts. There are several out there offering hunts from $1500 to $2000. That's about the best a guy is going to find other than drawing a tag and going diy.

wytx

WKR
Some G&F departments make a list for depredation hunts and go off of it, contact your local office and ask.
WG&F has an application for depredation hunts for each region, you apply for the region you want to hunt in, not state wide.

Jaquomo

WKR
In Colorado it is basically up to the local DWM, and they sometimes have a list of hunters for the ranchers. That would be your best bet in CO. Most likely going to cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500, plus the tag price.

cnelk

WKR
In Colorado, read the Regs on page 35 ‘Other Hunts’ for additional opportunities