Everyone Please Read

Rizzy

WKR
Hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but if name and location was mandatory it would probably cut down on the arguments.

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
Good call on policing the forum. I was starting to see this this site as a kuiu bashing site. It was getting old.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people will say stuff on the internet that would earn them a punch in the face if they said the same thing to someone's face.

People will talk out of their ass IRL just the same as the internet though...

littlebuf

Banned
I'm actually worse in person . Strangely enough I don't get punched a lot???

topher89

WKR
Hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but if name and location was mandatory it would probably cut down on the arguments.

I think I agree with this one. I will give more credence to the guy from Colorado about a down jacket than the guy from Florida. Not saying you have to live in the West to be an expert but it helps because of possible time in the field.

Location won't solve it all though. I can live in Colorado and never set a foot in the mountains but can still get on here and trash Lowa or Kenetreks with no real experience.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Name and location? So that littlebuff can drive to their home and stand on the lawn and ridicule them?

Several years ago when I was living overseas, someone stiffed me on a purchase. I sent payment to their house, and they never shipped the item and basically told me to pack sand. Well, one day I just happened to be flying into their city. I rented a car, drove to their house, and introduced myself. I should have and probably could have demanded more, but I left with my money that I sent them.

Buster

WKR
Several years ago when I was living overseas, someone stiffed me on a purchase. I sent payment to their house, and they never shipped the item and basically told me to pack sand. Well, one day I just happened to be flying into their city. I rented a car, drove to their house, and introduced myself. I should have and probably could have demanded more, but I left with my money that I sent them.

Good on you, keep them honest. A "warning shot" to the gut must've been hard to refrain from tho.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good for you. That's a lot of hassle but there are principles to maintain.