First Caribou hunt with Arctic Air - 2025

Hi All. My father and I will be going on our first caribou hunt in August of 25 with Arctic Air. Before deciding on them I did as much research as one could do on the possible transporters. Each seemed to have pros and cons. I just wanted to see if anyone hunted with them this past season and how your experience was? Thanks for any information provided!

OP
T
And yes… I have read the good and bad reviews of them on this forum already. Hoping for some new reviews. Thanks again!

CC11

Lil-Rokslider
My brother and I are booked with them for early September of '25 as well.

I hunted with them last year. Gary and crew were nice. We used their camp package and everything provided was pretty good. We never saw any bulls for the week of hunting. Decent amount of cows and calves. The group before us in the same camp both shot bulls. One was really good. I wish we were one of the first groups instead of one of the last. Seemed the groups before all had success. Maybe they just shot the resident bulls and nothing new ever migrated through. The group after us also never found anything to shoot. Just go with a good attitude. I honestly feel like this hunt is a lot of luck. If the caribou are there then you will have a great hunt. I don’t think Gary would purposefully send people to bad hunt locations. He runs a business and the more people that are successful the better the business he has. But they were taking tons out last year to make up for the off years and you are bad to have some people have bad experiences. Just not enough places to go. Just go with a good attitude. Worst case scenario you get to spend a week in Alaska seeing country most people never will get to experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottf270

WKR
Seems like everything is a gamble anymore. You can do all the research you want, but it's still hunting. I will say as the resource shrinks, most outfits are not gonna cut back on the number of hunts, which in effect is a pay cut for them. Has anyone ever voted to cut their own pay?

They are getting calls everyday and the demand far exceeds the supply. They have people begging for them to take their money.

I agree hunting in wild places is an adventure, but if I want to just go camping, I can do it for a hell of a lot less. I don't expect a guarantee but I should have a reasonable chance at the animal I'm after. If not, I consider the outfitter a failure.

Ya... keep in mine they are caribou. You could fly over a herd of 1000 land in front of them a ways hoping they stay on thr same track. All it takes is a few to get curious about something, a tree, a hill piece of trash blowing in the wind and could pull the whole herd off "your" track. Caribou are going to caribou, if you get placed in an area where they historically have been that time of year, there's always a chance.

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All. My father and I will be going on our first caribou hunt in August of 25 with Arctic Air. Before deciding on them I did as much research as one could do on the possible transporters. Each seemed to have pros and cons. I just wanted to see if anyone hunted with them this past season and how your experience was? Thanks for any information provided!
Im booked with them in August of 25.

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted with them last year. Gary and crew were nice. We used their camp package and everything provided was pretty good. We never saw any bulls for the week of hunting. Decent amount of cows and calves. The group before us in the same camp both shot bulls. One was really good. I wish we were one of the first groups instead of one of the last. Seemed the groups before all had success. Maybe they just shot the resident bulls and nothing new ever migrated through. The group after us also never found anything to shoot. Just go with a good attitude. I honestly feel like this hunt is a lot of luck. If the caribou are there then you will have a great hunt. I don’t think Gary would purposefully send people to bad hunt locations. He runs a business and the more people that are successful the better the business he has. But they were taking tons out last year to make up for the off years and you are bad to have some people have bad experiences. Just not enough places to go. Just go with a good attitude. Worst case scenario you get to spend a week in Alaska seeing country most people never will get to experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What time of year did you?