First Light Zipper Issue

nn76858

FNG
Have a pair of First Light Sanctuary bibs for cold weather deer hunting. Love the bibs but my zipper is jammed up and needs fixing. Called first lite and the rep I spoke to wasn't much help. I live in North Carolina and recommendations on a place to ship them for repair thats not outlandish? I think their 2 years old and I bought them new but be hard to dig up proof purchase.....any advice be great thanks.....

CObywayofUSAF

Lil-Rokslider
Did they tell you no specifically because you didn't have proof of purchase? Pretty incredible they wouldn't help you out or at least do it if you covered the rides.

OP
N

nn76858

FNG
I was told I could fill out a warranty claim w proof of purchase only and it would be reviewed or he knew a place in Idaho I could ship them and they would fix(3rd party full price etc.... )

I had an issue with the zipper on my catalyst pants and they exchanged them for a new pair, no problem.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
If you are unable to do the warranty claim, look for a local sew/tailor shop to have them fix it. Typically, they are relatively inexpensive for repairs.

Were you able to find a good repair shop? I had one Sanctuary Jacket replaced for a failing zipper. I'm now at the point where the second Sanctuary needs repair (same issue as the first, the zipper separates). I have been looking at Rainy Pass Repairs and Rugged Threads. I need to figure out a solve before January!

Macintosh

WKR
Ive heard this issue come up before too, I havent had my samctuary bibs come apart but it seems theres something about the zipper used or the way they are worn/put on and taken off that causes an issue with some frequency. hope they help you. If not, rainy pass does excellent work. BUT, its a zipper on a non-waterproof garment with no down, so there is nothing special about the repair, just use heavy-duty nylon thread. most any local place should do fine fixing it and I would bet rugged threads does fine too. It’ll be tedious but you could even do it yourself if you had a sewing machine, you’ll just need to get the right size and length separating zipper to replace it with.

Ive heard this issue come up before too, I havent had my samctuary bibs come apart but it seems theres something about the zipper used or the way they are worn/put on and taken off that causes an issue with some frequency. hope they help you. If not, rainy pass does excellent work. BUT, its a zipper on a non-waterproof garment with no down, so there is nothing special about the repair, just use heavy-duty nylon thread. most any local place should do fine fixing it and I would bet rugged threads does fine too. It’ll be tedious but you could even do it yourself if you had a sewing machine, you’ll just need to get the right size and length separating zipper to replace it with.
I think I will probably send them to Rainy Pass. i have a set of North Branch Bibs which also has a finicky zipper. I like both pieces of gear so I guess a professional repair is in order.

Dave_S

FNG
I had a similar issue with a pair of catalyst pants right out of the box which they replaced for me. The current pair I have, as well as the sanctuary bibs are both...finicky, I would say. The top of the zipper operates fine, but the bottoms require a certain amount of care to avoid jamming them up. If they are inoperable, it might be worth seeing if you can find a tailor near you and see if they can make repairs. I wouldn't think it would be particularly costly to replace a zipper, even one that long.

I got the zipper on the Sanctuary jacket replaced and new sliders on the North Branch. All in it cost me $286.81. It was certainly expensive but cheaper than replacing just the Jacket. I'm probably done with the First Lite stuff. I have just had too many problems with their gear to justify the expense. Thankfully with the new zipper, the Jacket should serve me well for a few more years.