Flathead Valley, MT

hunt_the_ridge

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone over in this area getting into any bugles yet? I Know some are getting killed had a buddy see a decent 330ish in the back of a truck hauling ass out of the woods.

Eye

Lil-Rokslider
I was into them opening day. Talked to a few. I bugled a spike into about 80 yards opening morning , and was talking to a couple more on the other side of a canyon opening night. Sunday was quiet though.

OP
H

hunt_the_ridge

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice nothing like that first bugle of the season...havnt gotten out yet am hoping to make it out west somewhere this weekend. Were you west or up one of the forks?

Eye

Lil-Rokslider
I was Wes of the Valley. My first time hunting that unit so it was a confidence boost for sure to get into them day 1. I’ll be back out there all next week.

Good luck to ya buddy, hope you get out soon!

Strider

Lil-Rokslider
Me and a couple buddies were out west of the valley for the first three days of season. Put on a lot of miles and heard a couple bugles. Called one in but no shot.

OP
H

hunt_the_ridge

Lil-Rokslider
Any reports from out west hoping to head out this weekend and just curious if this cooler weather has got them in gear?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Negative. They've been quiet just south of Flathead the past couple days. Had great bugling on Thursday and Friday. Heard one bugle this morning and glassed up a raghorn 4x5. Saw big bulls sparring last Thursday and Friday, haven't spotted them since.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good luck, look for water holes, watch for bears, we have been seeing a bunch. frost this morning west of town, should be getting pretty good.

OP
H

hunt_the_ridge

Lil-Rokslider
Very good to hear...hopefully they will be willing to play nice this weekend.

How far south of flathead are you where they were starting to bugle decently?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Very good to hear...hopefully they will be willing to play nice this weekend.

How far south of flathead are you where they were starting to bugle decently?
Depends on what part of the Flathead valley lol. Not far from Missoula. Not far as the crow flies from the Flathead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crunchy

Lil-Rokslider
Stumbled upon a loan bull this evening. He buggeld once 45 or so minutes prior. Didn't think he was close at all. Debating on going back tommorow and giving him a few cow calls

matthewmt

WKR
Anyone else out there by chance hearing anything? Heard a few over the on saturday but was pretty dead again on sunday.
From what I've been hearing around the valley has been quiet, pm me if you want.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

south west of town last night around 7pm had my first encounter with a bull so far this season. he was answering bugles and coming pretty fast, in fact too fast because he got to the bottom off a draw before I could close the gap and head up to him and the swirling wind in the bottom blew him out.

OP
H

hunt_the_ridge

Lil-Rokslider
Had a decent encounter with two bulls on saturday got to about 60 on both of them but just couldnt get a decent shot off to seal the deal. They didnt have cows and really didnt want to commit to coming in. Talked to a few people out there and most are seeing the same thing a very strange year so far to say the least. Sunday morning was out as well and didnt hear anything.

OP
H

hunt_the_ridge

Lil-Rokslider
Anything happening out there with this cooler weather in the morning? Am catching some some talk amongst friends that the bulls are finally really herded up with the cows and start to bugle more freely. Just curious if anyone else is seeing the same?

OP
H

hunt_the_ridge

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like it has gotten pretty quiet out west of kalispell...had a buddy glassing a really decent bull and had 3-4 sats chasing in and out of the heard of about 60 cows. Then it went quiet had a friend out this weekend and was only able to find one that would talk back and that was a struggle. Anyone still hearing anything out there?