FYI Kuiu fans...

I know Kuiu has had problems with the first generation frames but I think they are a lot better now. They're still a high end light weight pack, you're right that it's not Rhino gear but I think if looked after it will last a life time. And they ship within a day or two! :)

They won't, my first frame sheet didn't make it through the year. It's a great pack but not meant for heavy loads.

Tinbanger

FNG
I just got my pack from the fedex guy. Everything looks really good. The only problem I have with it is on the invoice it says in big red ink "NO RETURNS OR WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT" no warranty? Even though it's outlet, it's still kuiu right?

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my pack from the fedex guy. Everything looks really good. The only problem I have with it is on the invoice it says in big red ink "NO RETURNS OR WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT" no warranty? Even though it's outlet, it's still kuiu right?

I assumed it was brand new inventory. How can they say no warranty? Is it refurbished? It's obviously discontinued so I understand why they don't want returns. But I'd want warranty on those frames.

Tinbanger

FNG
It's brand new, I looked through there warranty info online and it didn't mention anything about outlet gear not having warranty?

Call kuiu and find out for certain. I am interested to see if this was just an error or not.

OP
J

JWP58

WKR
Got mine today, totally stoked. I was under the impression they had issues with the 2012 carbon fiber frame, but who knows I don't really care. I could buy a new frame and still come out cheaper than some other packs lol.

I like the lay out of the bag, its very easy to convert in to the load sling mode, blah, blah, blah.

Got mine today, totally stoked. I was under the impression they had issues with the 2012 carbon fiber frame, but who knows I don't really care. I could buy a new frame and still come out cheaper than some other packs lol.

I like the lay out of the bag, its very easy to convert in to the load sling mode, blah, blah, blah.

Did yours say no warranty as well?

OP
J

JWP58

WKR
Yup. If it fails (as in breaks/snaps/disintegrates in to thin air) I'll still call KUIU and see if they'll work with me...Im not going to worry about it.

Eric S

FNG
Im getting nervous........ i paid full price for the 7200 late last summer. Ive done 3 substantial trips with it. Two of which with 70+ lbs. I had zero problems with the pack. A friend of mine found those outlet packs and still would not buy one because of the frame. I thought he was full of spit until i started reading all of the negatives about the frame.. is everyone concerned because its a thin frame. Or has there been recorded failures. Do I need to worry about having a deer and gear 12 miles in that i cant get out?

Last edited:
Im getting nervous........ i paid full price for the 7200 late last summer. Ive done 3 substantial trips with it. Two of which with 70+ lbs. I had zero problems with the pack. A friend of mine found those outlet packs and still would buy one because of the frame. I thought he was full of spit until i started reading all of the negatives about the frame.. is everyone concerned because its a thin frame. Or has there been recorded failures. Do I need to worry about having a deer and gear 12 miles in that i cant get out?

Yes you should be worried. The frame breaks are fairly well documented, I broke mine this year with 45-60 pounds of bear meat. I think that it actually cracked on the previous trip out with gear and bear pelt, probably around 100 pounds? Maybe less. It was not fun getting that out, I was only 2 miles from the truck so that helped. Kuiu was quick to replace the frame sheet with zero questions asked, but that won't do you any good 5 miles from the truck

littlered

FNG
All of their outlet items are final sale, no returns or exchanges. It's in the return/exchange policy section of their website. I would be shocked if they didn't warranty that stuff though. Might have make a call in the am. Had a couple buddies looking at buying those packs.

goatboy

Lil-Rokslider
Its in thier return policy and on the page when you add it to your cart. Dont buy a product that you suspect will need warranty if it bothers you, warranty is great especially when your 10 miles from camp.

Tinbanger

FNG
I don't see where it says outlet items are not under warranty, I do see it says no returns or exchanges and all sales are final.

goatboy

Lil-Rokslider
Well I guess if all sales final and no returns doesnt cover it then you have an argument.

, warranty is great especially when your 10 miles from camp.

You are right, but at least you know when you get back home your going to be covered. If a frame breaks on one of these guys, there out a fair amount of money and starting from scratch again.

The only reason you would not offer warranty on this set up is because you are worried about a bunch of returns for warranty work.

And for how many broken frames I have read about and seen pictures of, no warranty = ouch.

I sure hope these packs hold up for the guys who bought them.

Last edited: