Good but inexpensive socks

TXHunt

FNG
I am looking for some good socks and I know the go to is Darn Tough and Smartwool, but I’m looking for something a little less expensive. There are tons on amazon, but not sure which ones are any good. You have a recommendation? Oh this is for warm weather with hiking boots.

BBob

WKR
I’m not sure how cheap it makes them as far as what you want to pay but Point 6 has discounted their socks 40% 2-3 times in the last few months. Point 6 comes from people that were originally with Smartwool. I bought a handful to try and so far so good.

Last edited:

fatlander

WKR
You can get Farm to Feet socks on sale for half price at Sierra really often. Hard to beat them at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Duluth Trading coolerino lightweight socks are pretty nice, I've got three of the low pro that I wear with running shoes. Very comfortable and keep sweat wicked away and feet cool. Still on the pricier side but not as much as some darn tough and smart wool, plus they go on sale a lot and Duluth has coupons codes all the time.

I have been using and wearing the Costco socks every since they came out. I get about 3 years on average before wearing holes in the heels. I wear them six months of the year at work. I purchased a pair of Smartwool one time to compare and found literally no difference in life, feel or warmth.

tourproto

FNG
I buy the Columbia ones when I get a pass to the employee store. I think they are like $8/pair. They work great for hunting and keep my feet warm and blister free to below zero.

Lorpen light and mid weights can find them in sale often and sometimes camofire! I wear them every day stretch a little more than darn tough but at 8-10 bucks it’s fair.

Zdub02

WKR
I'm having good luck with lightweight black ovis crew. Found for $10/pair on camofire. Also will echo the costco brand - very comfy.

WMag338

WKR
I'm still partial to Darn Tough. FYI, they have a lifetime warranty. I had a few socks over 10 years old get damaged by being too close to a campfire. They sent me a gift card for the replacement value of the socks.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
i threw everything except darn tough out. They far outlasted the Costco socks. It’s the only brand I will buy

Their guarantee is no joke, I’ve used it a few times.

Ropegun

FNG
I’m not sure how cheap it makes them as far as what you want to pay but Point 6 has discounted their socks 40% 2-3 times in the last few months. Point 6 comes from people that were originally with Smartwool. I bought a handful to try and so far so good.
+1 for Point Six. Best socks I’ve ever had. It’s the people that started smart wool. After they sold SW they started PS and use a better weave and they last.

Darn Tough blemishes can be found at Marshalls for like 9 bucks a pair. Loaded up and dont see any difference. They do not qualify for the warranty though.

Agross

WKR
Fan of the point6 socks.

That being said , does anybody have a link to these wonderful Costco socks?