Gritty Bowmen switching to Sitka??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I was gone for a couple days.... Clearly the only way to settle this is to huck a FL jacket and Sitka jacket off a cliff (Kuiu won't participate) and see who comes out on top

I hope I never have to care this much (as some)about what other dudes are wearing. Who cares if they switched....

Last edited:

3forks

WKR
Unreal that people are criticizing Aron and Brian.

These guys (and Aron) in particular have helped pioneer the advancements we've seen in products and media associated with backcountry hunting.

It wasn't too many years ago that most of the options we have available now didn't even exist. Anyone remember having to dress like a wino in layer after layer of cotton/flannel or scotch guarding your jeans to deal with inclement weather? A Bullpac was hot shit most guys only knew about them from maybe seeing a small ad in Outdoor Life.

Aron and Brian help promote and create awareness for brands that are really just emerging in this space. Plus, they're actual users of the product and authentic/core. It stands to reason that these brands would be interested in sponsoring or paying these guys to endorse their product.

hflier

WKR
The bashing on this thread is wild. I have never talked to Brian, but I have interacted with Aron several times. First rate guy in my opinion. I think some are just envious of how these guys get to live. I think this thread belongs on one of those other forums that have a bunch of negative arm chair haters. Not this forum. Who gives a sh.... what they wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckSnort

WKR
Some of you guys are HILARIOUS! You get what you pay for... oh, which is nothing! Listen or don't, but quit whining about a totally free product!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMEN! I thought I had logged onto Rokslide...3 pages into this topic and I was wondering if I somehow logged onto www.realhousewivesofhollywood...... Some of you guys need to wash the sand out of your crack and get out of the house for a while..

And I just sold my 10x42 Barskas for $50
lol
Now I gotta go spend another $69 and get me another set

Personally I don't care if they wear FL, Sitka, Kuiu, Kryptec or blue underroos, it's a good podcast and I always learn something and get a laugh. If they were to accept a sponsorship from ANY company, can you honestly begrudge them for feeding their families? You have to make a living somehow.

KurtR

WKR
All I know is I needed help with my pack and Aron answered his phone and helped some guy he has no idea who I am on a Saturday. From my interactions he is a top shelf dude. I have thought the podcast was great since I found it last year. Can you imagine the boost to my self esteem since I have all sitka close to.:D

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder how many First Lite FS threads will be opened and WTB Sitka threads because of this.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Hoot

WKR
I have no qualms with content creators monetizing what they put out for us to consume. If people are so upset by their choice of sponsors I'd suggest you become a sponsor yourself. On the gritty bowmen website they have a place to donate. Except for the last hundred or so years, art only existed because patrons paid creators to create. I have no affiliation with the gritty bowmen nor care what affiliations they have but you can lessen their need for sponsorship...#poweredbygrittypeople...

Trr15

WKR
Took me a while to read through all the recent posts in this thread. I was in the back yard for the past hour roasting marshmallows over my pile of first lite gear. Damn shame that the stuff is worthless now. I had quite a bit of money tied in it.

Last edited:

MIKEYB

WKR
I have on blue underwear today 😁

Thanks for the support and bashing/criticism.

Good luck with your spring hunts everyone!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wait , wait, wait, damn it Aron Snyder! You mean to tell me that I listened to the whole underwear and manscaping podcast(can't remember the number)where you and Brian said that you don't wear under wear. The only way to go for a hardcore hunter is commando and completely shaved.

So I go and tell my wife "look here woman, I'm hardcore I aint wearing no more underwear, throw that shit out," then I go and buy groupons for laser hair removal and am clean as a baby bottom.

Now your telling me you're rocking an 80's bush and fruit of the haters underwear cause your sponsored? F-------------k!

This ain't growing back for a while, plus what am I supposed to do with all these groupons?

And blue? Come on man blue is not a good color on my ballz. <----see what I did there?

Next thing you know Ryan will drop his Jedi onesie Jammie's and start rocking Star Trek or some shit.

Aron is gear tester and I admire him for that, I look to his honest feedback when I'm deciding on gear. I'm a buy once cry once type of guy. I dont have the time or funds to try all the stuff out there and weed through it.

I expect to see pictures of him trying out different gear cause that's what he do.shit don't surprise me. He spends the time out in the field with this stuff so when he talks about gear I listen, don't mean I buy it all, but I put more into what he says than some guy that just uses xyz and it's the best and has not tried to gamut of gear.

Imagine if he posted a picture wearing some of that other Alaskan island named gear? Wooooo that would be a thread!

I think everyone should get up early tomorrow and do some coyote control tomorrow, commando style.

#allcamomatters

16Bore

WKR
Unreal that people are criticizing Aron and Brian.

These guys (and Aron) in particular have helped pioneer the advancements we've seen in products and media associated with backcountry hunting.

It wasn't too many years ago that most of the options we have available now didn't even exist. Anyone remember having to dress like a wino in layer after layer of cotton/flannel or scotch guarding your jeans to deal with inclement weather? A Bullpac was hot shit most guys only knew about them from maybe seeing a small ad in Outdoor Life.

Aron and Brian help promote and create awareness for brands that are really just emerging in this space. Plus, they're actual users of the product and authentic/core. It stands to reason that these brands would be interested in sponsoring or paying these guys to endorse their product.

So what exactly did they "pioneer", besides an image? No. I don't/haven't/won't listen. Don't care, it's more fanboy funny Google-Fu shit that cracks me up. Everybody needs a hero. Mine is me....

rodney482

WKR
Kifaru packs for one.

So what exactly did they "pioneer", besides an image? No. I don't/haven't/won't listen. Don't care, it's more fanboy funny Google-Fu shit that cracks me up. Everybody needs a hero. Mine is me....

topher89

WKR
I am really glad that this thread has more posts than any of the Public Lands Transfer threads....

Maybe instead of reading this thread join BHA, TU or the TRCP

Status
Not open for further replies.