Has anyone figured out a hunting bipod yet?

Hurley88

FNG
Spoke to them the recently. Should have more cant in the prone position than it does now, release should be like the Atlas, they’re adding a 45-degree position in both directions, can’t remember if there were any other changes.

As I understand it they’re waiting for the results of a discussion on patents. Trying to do the right thing with regard to that. I was told it could be around a year, give or take 6mo. Pretty wide timetable but that’s what I was told.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Spoke to them the recently. Should have more cant in the prone position than it does now, release should be like the Atlas, they’re adding a 45-degree position in both directions, can’t remember if there were any other changes.

As I understand it they’re waiting for the results of a discussion on patents. Trying to do the right thing with regard to that. I was told it could be around a year, give or take 6mo. Pretty wide timetable but that’s what I was told.
Glad they are attempting to improve, but I gotta ask…. Why didn’t they design the leg release the right way to begin with? Would have been quicker overall. The flaws inherent to the current leg design seem so obvious.

Hurley88

FNG
Oh dude I have no idea lol. I’ve used both theirs & the Atlas, in different instances I’ve preferred each release mechanism. For instance the Atlas may be more positive/definite, but it has slowed me down when trying to deploy rapidly with my off hand. The Hatch was better in that regard bc I used the same hand to push forward on each leg & they popped right into position. I could push each then drop down & get to work.

However the Atlas is simpler & more easily used overall in more situations. Point is, there’s always a place where one shines over another. For my specific use I didn’t like the Atlas. Kept the Hatch, specifically because of the release mechanism (I realize I’m probably in the minority there). YMMV.

And to date I actually run a tripod & small sand bag which doubles as a rear bag with my Magpul bipod so I went away from over-versatile bipods entirely.

Sadler

WKR
No, not that I'm aware. Something you saw in the video?

Only one I remember seeing in the video was either an Atlas or Modular Evolution.
I just went back and watched it and it’s the modular evolution bipod. Hopefully they come out with some sort of pic rail attachment option in the near future. Kinda like they’re Valhalla but trimmed down and without the spigot mount.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I’ve been using the atlas for about a decade it seems. I’d say 9/10 times it’s paired with shooting off my pack for more elevation in the field and I find it very helpful. Never any issues.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just went back and watched it and it’s the modular evolution bipod. Hopefully they come out with some sort of pic rail attachment option in the near future. Kinda like they’re Valhalla but trimmed down and without the spigot mount.
Have you seen these rails? Spartan Flush Rail - Short

There is also one that doesn't require a hole drilled in the stock.

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for Wiser Precision quick sticks with the adapter mount. They click together and saves weight on your rifle and your Trekking poles make a solid and very adjustable system.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I have found the last couple spartan rails to be loose on tolerances. I miced them and they were out a little bit. I just bought one of these and put it on my standard pic rail. I weighed this adapter with pic rail vs one of their built in rails and it wasnt enough to quibble about. All in all the spartan is my least favorite bipod but the lightest.

Fire power

Lil-Rokslider
My go to for LRH is the Evolution Bipod. Besides the standard prone legs, a carry set of 16” quick change legs (extendable to 24”) which are light, compact, fit easily in my day-pack, and take a few seconds to swap, for very stable sitting/kneeling shots. I run a 50:50 mix of prone/sitting due to the terrain I hunt.

Llama32

WKR
Kramer Snipe-pod may be the ultimate bipod for hunting. I have the V2-33 sitting length and it’s pretty dang good. It can be used as a prone bipod by only using one leg section. I spend a lot of time behind rifles and I’m very confident using this setup. Best part is that is weighs 4oz and fits in my back pocket.

Picture below is 1 shot from sitting at 300 and 350, and 1 shot from prone at 400, 450 and 500 using the Snipe-pod
How long did it take you to get used to this bipod

Llama32

WKR
Has anyone tried this one yet or had it

rokstedi bipod

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We sell several different brands and they all have different pluses and misuses. Before picking a bipod I would list what's important and the solution is usually pretty easy to solve after that. Weight, durability, on or off gun, stability, versatility, etc

DRUSS

WKR
Has anyone tried this one yet or had it

rokstedi bipod

I have a rok stedi. Do you have any specific questions? I have a few others to compare with but this is the tallest one I currently own.

DRUSS

WKR
I've only held a hatch. Never shot off it. So I don't have a good comparison. I should have said I own a original Javelin, Javelin pro hunt tactical, Modular Evolution, with extensions, Rugged Ridge tall, extensions, Harris short, 24" models, Rok-Stedi. I do think the hatch would be more Rigid when laid out in lowest setting. Rok-Stedi is spongee when at its lowest. Rok-Stedi I believe is easier to manipulate into positions. I believe they have a newer version that has twist lock legs now. Mine is older version.

Last edited: