I might never buy from backcountry.com again!

IdahoElk

WKR
Still not buying from them again,they're just doing damage control so that it doesn't hurt the bottom line not because they admit this was a bad idea. Bye Backcountry

jspradley

WKR
Still not buying from them again,they're just doing damage control so that it doesn't hurt the bottom line not because they admit this was a bad idea. Bye Backcountry

No company cares about anything other than making money, that's just how it be, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Their "apology" is better than just about anything I've seen from any other company so that's good enough for me so long as they stay on their corrected course.

Mike 338

WKR
This is one of those times where I'd like to see somebody with even more money then Backcountry.com, tie them up in court for the next 20 years. Probably just me but I've seen some real business practice weirdness from Utah providers the last few years. Anyway, I'm think'in I don't want to buy from them cause if they have my name, they'll find a frivoulous reason to sue me.

mlgc20

WKR
Maybe I misread the article. Or maybe I'm just cynical. This sounded more like a "sorry we got caught". Or "sorry if you were offended" type of thing. They dropped one out of dozens of legal actions. Again, maybe I'm just cynical but it was probably one of the actions they were going to lose anyway and thought they'd get some free PR out of it. Time will tell the story. My guess is they are just trying to weather a brief storm and then will continue as usual.

Phaseolus

WKR
Luck for us consumers there are plenty of choices. Drop the bad ones, like Backcountry.com, and support the good ones.

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah this is all too often the case with big names. They consciously take an action, then when they realize their consumers are pissed, they suddenly remember "what their values are" and apologize. Um, so a week ago we somehow lost our values statement company wide, but oh now we remember. Oops, sorry. Our bad.

What could possibly be gained by going after a local coffee shop? Did the coffee shop also sell outdoor equipment? Maybe what Backcountry.com should have done is sponsor the coffee shop and give out their goat stickers to everyone who bought a backcountry coffee. Now they face a bully's reputation in the digital marketing age.

ODB

WKR
What could possibly be gained by going after a local coffee shop? Did the coffee shop also sell outdoor equipment? Maybe what Backcountry.com should have done is sponsor the coffee shop and give out their goat stickers to everyone who bought a backcountry coffee. Now they face a bully's reputation in the digital marketing age.

Yup. Make friends, not adversaries.

Apologies? ha! They'll still* never get a dollar from me!

*never have given them a dollar.

AGPank

WKR
I have a friend that has a company, Backcountry United, started before Backcountry.com. He’s started a FB group, BoycottBackcountrydotcom. Over 19k members making their voices heard.