Kifaru Bino Harness Review

What sets it apart from every other bino harness on the market? Obviously Kifaru makes a quality product, but is there any major design change from the competitors?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
What sets it apart from every other bino harness on the market? Obviously Kifaru makes a quality product, but is there any major design change from the competitors?

One key difference is full coverage without magnets. That's important to some users. It opens forward as they all should and stays open.

The fit and finish is honestly not quite what I would expect from Kifaru.

There aren't retaining straps for your binos which is a big miss imo.

The price is good at $125

92xj

WKR
Why is the lid a D/rounded triangle shape and not just the shape of binos? Can you post more photos opened?

TheTone

WKR
Any interference or annoyance issues when the lid is folded forward and not tucked under?

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just wearing it around the yard while shooting my bow, I noticed that it IS quiet when binos go in/out.

It’s a pretty tight fit. Not sure if I like that yet or not?
I like to pull the binos w/ one hand.

The straps adjust really easy.
I don’t like how some bino harnesses ride on my sternum. I feel like I’m fighting to breathe. I can get the Kifaru up high. So that’s a win for me. Hopefully the straps don’t rub on my neck. That’ll be a deal breaker for me.

Looking forward to some time in the field to get a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One key difference is full coverage without magnets. That's important to some users. It opens forward as they all should and stays open.

The fit and finish is honestly not quite what I would expect from Kifaru.

There aren't retaining straps for your binos which is a big miss imo.

The price is good at $125
I’ve been a huge fan of the AGC bino harnesses. Are there any major upsides to the Kifaru over the AGC? Can the Kifaru fit Swaro EL Range binos?

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Three loops in the back for strap placement.
c697361acf63ca7de49d03ba090ca6e9.jpg

I currently have mine on the top loop.
057fc62f2a5eae28fa94ec08224bf491.jpg

Mesh pocket in the back between you and the harness.
497a12d64db55be2623c97fccca75243.jpg

Three Molly loops on the bottom.
44aa07db7e8d89878968cd56cff2f314.jpg

Two pocket on the underside of the lid
ffa20f7d39c662e3e64ba62d9081cb05.jpg

Another front pocket
fd1280b98eccb964b9cdc6068ae44838.jpg

Front view open
bf1cad3e8176e7c58ea1110e35ca2a0d.jpg

Front view closed
cbaa78f12b3690d2083a410f6a380f97.jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just wearing it around the yard while shooting my bow, I noticed that it IS quiet when binos go in/out.

It’s a pretty tight fit. Not sure if I like that yet or not?
I like to pull the binos w/ one hand.

The straps adjust really easy.
I don’t like how some bino harnesses ride on my sternum. I feel like I’m fighting to breathe. I can get the Kifaru up high. So that’s a win for me. Hopefully the straps don’t rub on my neck. That’ll be a deal breaker for me.

Looking forward to some time in the field to get a better idea.

Howard what size binoculars vs what size harness

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vortex Razor UHD 10x50
(They’re big!)

Size Medium.
I have the sizing chart for reference. Stand by…

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve been a huge fan of the AGC bino harnesses. Are there any major upsides to the Kifaru over the AGC? Can the Kifaru fit Swaro EL Range binos?

I haven’t used the AGC

Yes, for the EL Ranges
They have sizing charts on their website

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Why is the lid a D/rounded triangle shape and not just the shape of binos? Can you post more photos opened?
The shape seems to fit over the eyepieces well, so maybe that's why?

Any interference or annoyance issues when the lid is folded forward and not tucked under?

Nothing is glaring so far. It seems like it stays out of the way if you just open it and let it hang.

I haven't used an AGC bino harness for years. They were one of my least favorite designs back then. Maybe they are better now?

The EL Range TA fit fairly well in the medium Kifaru bino harness. They are a bit more snug than I would prefer, but my bet is the harness will loosen up with some use. My Marsupial was tight on them to start with and is better now.

20230519_210756.jpg

Bcleck90

WKR
@Howard Mee will a rangefinder fit in that pocket? I know in the video they show it for navigation but I thought it may be a decent spot to store a rangefinder and ditch a second pouch.

IMG_9417.png

It’s a bummer about the lack of straps to the binos. I love my stone glacier and actually thought I would hate the one strap idea but have learned to love it. I would love to know why they didn’t put them on it. Maybe it will be how FHF did and sell the kit afterwards?

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member

They do offer accessories.
Rangefinder Pouch
Navigation Pouch
Accessory Pouch

Swing and a miss imo. How do you not included bino retention straps? That alone is a deal breaker for me.

Seems like the pockets aren’t that big/accommodating for added gear (range finder, gps/InReach). Does it not have a stiff structure/form to it? It appears to be a very soft sided/walled harness . Maybe a little more minimalistic geared towards archery?

I am scratching my head as to how they came up won’t his being the final product.

Last edited: