Kifaru Bino Harness Review

One key difference is full coverage without magnets. That's important to some users. It opens forward as they all should and stays open.

The fit and finish is honestly not quite what I would expect from Kifaru.

There aren't retaining straps for your binos which is a big miss imo.

The price is good at $125
I pre ordered one because I like a lot about it, but the lack of tethers is just dumb, I will figure something out, but shouldn’t have to.

What I do know is that if I don’t like it, I’ll know pretty quickly, and it will be plenty easy to sell without losing much

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Howard Mee will a rangefinder fit in that pocket? I know in the video they show it for navigation but I thought it may be a decent spot to store a rangefinder and ditch a second pouch.

View attachment 556185

Photos inbound.
aef19dbc96155727e59b35294758b917.jpg

aafb8d7d5db0b4a214cd39f255a2106c.jpg

Yeah. A rangefinder fits, but it’s tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I pre ordered one because I like a lot about it, but the lack of tethers is just dumb, I will figure something out, but shouldn’t have to.

What I do know is that if I don’t like it, I’ll know pretty quickly, and it will be plenty easy to sell without losing much
I asked the folks at Kifaru to get their take on why they didn't include them in the design.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Appreciate you trying it @Howard Mee

I hope this makes sense.

It felt like it would work for traveling to a destination. It would totally fit if you’re just carrying stuff in.

It didn’t feel very functional for easy in / easy out access during a hunt.
(Which is why they sell the accessory)

I would like to try a Large instead of a Medium?
I think those options would open up.

Bcleck90

WKR
I hope this makes sense.

It felt like it would work for traveling to a destination. It would totally fit if you’re just carrying stuff in.

It didn’t feel very functional for easy in / easy out access during a hunt.
(Which is why they sell the accessory)

I would like to try a Large instead of a Medium?
I think those options would open up.

Makes sense. I have an original FHF with the rangefinder pocket. Love it for the most part just think it would be an easy no extra pockets design if someone would make a LH and/or RH slot for a rangefinder/GPS. Everything I’ve seen is an extra this or that for rangefinders, gps, phone. I was hoping this would solve that with the internal front pouch.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look forward to more reviews. I don’t use a tether as I feel they get in the way. Years of using a bino pouch and have never had an issue.

Same. I never use the tether. Not a fan.
But most people do. It’s expected. Probably should have included the option for the 99% (and you and I could remove it)

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
On my current harness I run a tether to my rangefinder so I can range and drop without concern in the moment of truth, but have learned to love the untethered life for my binos. I hand them off and run them on a Tripod often enough that the tether just became more of a hindrance than a help. I completely understand why they opted to go without and find little bother in the design. My binos are NLs, there is a cost associated with dropping them. I just... Don't drop them...

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
On the tethers, Aron stated somewhere at this time they couldn't find suitable US material/made products for them and would continue to look at it.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t run tethers on binos and harnesses. They just get in the way. The first thing I do it cut those dang things off. I glass a lot of a tripod. Pain in the ass to disconnect your binos every time you want to put them on the tripod.
Why do you have to disconnect them every time? If I'm sitting and glassing from a tripod, I unhook them and leave them unhooked. Then I clip them in when I pack up to move.

I glass from a tripod a lot as well but I have had more than a couple sets of $2k+ binoculars go tumbling down the hill while hunting or shooting comps.

Why do you have to disconnect them every time? If I'm sitting and glassing from a tripod, I unhook them and leave them unhooked. Then I clip them in when I pack up to move.

I glass from a tripod a lot as well but I have had more than a couple sets of $2k+ binoculars go tumbling down the hill while hunting or shooting comps.
Yea just the unhooking aspect. I’ve had some bino harnesses that attach with a clip or buckle (which isn’t bad). While some are more of a d ring or fasterner that are harder to unclog.

Just been more of a pain. But yea I hear you on the binos falling out. I’ve had it happen a few times over the years More so shooting in my yard I bend over to get some arrows and don’t have the harness shut and bunk tips out

Lawnboi

WKR
I thought I had read that they were having issues finding a berry compliant tether

I ordered one and will modify one side to accept a feather, probably wil pull it off my acg harness.