Kifaru - Disappointment

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Nope. Not on all packs. Just the 44 mag and exos comparable offering. Exo offers 1 bigger pack. Kifaru offers 4 times more. You can choose your price point. Or you can just lump it all together and imply that’s not an option.

Since we are addressing this, I did it because I’ve heard the pricing complaint for years. Nothings changed. Kifaru has always offered more options for customization. All at a price. With that you can buy a more affordable pack. Or, you can spend hundreds more if you’d like.

Im not disagreeing the new pricing can widen the gap on individual choices between the two. However, I personally think that’s fair. Everyone is in this to make money. And, payrolls aren’t cheap. Picking up and moving a business is expensive too. I’ll gladly pay what they ask. Because I’ve had nothing but great business dealing with them.

I understand your personal feelings on kifaru. I’d feel the same way likely. But, I’ve never been in your shoes and, didn’t experience what you did. So, for my needs, I can pay 11% more and get a kifaru. 100% sourced and built in the USA. And, if I didn’t already own a handful of packs, that’s what I’d do.

I’m not trying to rebut your feelings or your opinions. I hope you see that. Only putting things into perspective.
It’s all good man, I don’t really have strong feelings about any of it. I had a kifaru pack, that took a lot of drama dealing with them to get, and I didn’t even like it all that much in the end. I moved on and I’ve been happy since then. I only commented because I find it interesting how they seem to publicly berate customers who have issues with them at least twice (once to me and once in this thread), which seems like a poor business decision since they aren’t the only high end pack maker available and most get you a pack more quickly and for less money.

A quick look shows me that their frames are currently up 100.00 from what I paid for mine a few years back which seems excessive but whatever. In the end, people should buy whatever they want. Kifaru does have some things I really like, for example their hip belts and shoulder straps and their frames in general but the only bags I ever really liked from them were the argali and the muskeg both of which are long gone.

All that is fine, but my comparison is actually a fair one. And I want to be clear that I'm not stating one is a better value than the other. I'm simply showing that there is indeed a difference in price between the two companies. Kifaru, without a doubt, has more options and is more customizable.

Certain Kifaru configurations will cost less than the example I gave. But the 44 Mag is not a good comparison to the Exo K4 packs. The Hoodlum is very similar and the best apples-to-apples comparison IMO.

Edit to add: I have more Kifaru packs on my rack than any other brand and literally carry one everyday.
I never really implied anything about your reasoning. Certainly not that it’s not a fair comparison.

So, a hoodlum is $250 plus and change more then the 7200 exo. Ok. A 44 mag us $110 more then the 4000 CI exo.

You can call my reasoning what you want. You can wear a field line. I truly don’t care. But, you can’t say it’s not relevant to me. And, that’s all that matters to me. I’m sure you feel the same. Good hunting.

It’s all good man, I don’t really have strong feelings about any of it. I had a kifaru pack, that took a lot of drama dealing with them to get, and I didn’t even like it all that much in the end. I moved on and I’ve been happy since then. I only commented because I find it interesting how they seem to publicly berate customers who have issues with them at least twice (once to me and once in this thread), which seems like a poor business decision since they aren’t the only high end pack maker available and most get you a pack more quickly and for less money.

A quick look shows me that their frames are currently up 100.00 from what I paid for mine a few years back which seems excessive but whatever. In the end, people should buy whatever they want. Kifaru does have some things I really like, for example their hip belts and shoulder straps and their frames in general but the only bags I ever really liked from them were the argali and the muskeg both of which are long gone.
Yep, I’m certainly glad I have all the kifaru frames I ever intend to buy.

Good hunting brother.

History: I have several Kifaru packs that i have used extensively for years.

I bought a 22 Mag a couple of years ago and the top handle soon started pulling out of the stitching. Apparently it's only stitched through about ⅛" into the pack seam with no reinforcement. I have now written Kifaru 10 (ten!) times over the course of two years, called multiple times, and still receive no customer service response of any kind. I am horribly disappointed in my experience. At this point, I regret putting the money into this company that I have and regret recommending their packs to so many people. Buyer beware.
Your experience with Kifaru CS/Repair I’m sure is 100% real for you, but I’m with most other members on this forum that have nothing but fabulous things to say about them and their quick response times. I had an issue with one of their slider inserts with Molle webbing and they cleared it up for me ASAP; so well and timely that I couldn’t have better things to say for their CS/Repairs people.

KHNC

WKR
Why did you only wait two years to complain about Kifaru CS? The standard is 5 years. Dont expect to get any help in this short time frame. Thats just ridiculous. :)

Why did you only wait two years to complain about Kifaru CS? The standard is 5 years. Dont expect to get any help in this short time frame. Thats just
Why did you only wait two years to complain about Kifaru CS? The standard is 5 years. Dont expect to get any help in this short time frame. Thats just ridiculous. :)
I think you misunderstood my post or I’m missing something….bare with me I’m new on this site….I wasn’t complaining about Kifaru’s customer service.

KHNC

WKR
I think you misunderstood my post or I’m missing something….bare with me I’m new on this site….I wasn’t complaining about Kifaru’s customer service.
I was only joking about your post. People get very defensive about Kifaru here. lol

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
Two pack brands I've never had an issue getting ahold of customer service are Kifaru and Stone Glacier. If you are calling during normal operating hours I find it pretty hard to believe no one is answering the phone or returning your phone calls let alone that happening several times on top of 10 unanswered emails...

I was only joking about your post. People get very defensive about Kifaru here. lol
I thought you were being facetious but as the “FNG” I wanted to make positive! I have their X-ray and Bane packs and taken many a fall with both in the NC/Tenn mountain areas…and they’re still both working better than I did from each tumble, lol.