Kifaru - Disappointment

hunterjmj

WKR
I find it interesting because Kifaru has not made a good impression on me (though I have no bad experience with them personally), but the OP does not win my trust with how he has handled himself on this thread, having no real evidence for or against either party, I'm inclind to say the OP screwed up, which is why he has not provided copies of emails and such. The fact that his only public postings are in this thread gives me lots of reasons not to trust him.

So, I find myself coming down on Kifaru's side. Not because I don't think Kifaru might handle things poorly, but because the OP has no credibility and was quick to bow out.

@thinhorn_AK does have credibility and behavior I have seen from Kifaru makes me think they probably do handle things poorly at times.
My good friend use to shop Bob Wards all the time but got treated poorly one time and now he won't go back. I've never had that experience at Bob Wards. It just takes one bad interaction to loose a customer. I agree with you on credibility. Im sure every company out there has lost customers over something. It's good to hear about interactions either good or bad but coming on here bad mouthing without some facts is just hearsay.

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
Considering that kifarus customer service has had a good reputation for years and the op has no reputation on here I’ll just assume he’s in the wrong, unless he can prove it. Fwiw company’s that are the size of kifaru are always going to have a few people that have issues with them, good luck buying anything if you aren’t going to support a company because a random guy on a forum doesn’t like it.

WKR
Considering that kifarus customer service has had a good reputation for years and the op has no reputation on here I’ll just assume he’s in the wrong,
Kifaru has undergone MASSIVE changes in the last year or two. Ownership changed, leadership changed, employee changes, location change…

Kifaru’s reputation from the past may or may not be relevant in 2023 and beyond.

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru has undergone MASSIVE changes in the last year or two. Ownership changed, leadership changed, employee changes, location change…

Kifaru’s reputation from the past may or may not be relevant in 2023 and beyond.
That’s fair

My first introduction to Kifaru was this website. I then got a PM from Snyder himself with his Cell #. We chatted for a while about my needs and wants and I placed an order for a frame. Aron, himself, sent me his used DT2 free of charge if I purchased a new Duplex frame. Looking back, that was an excellent move on his part, as I have now spend thousands on different packs and frames. kifaru's customer service then was as good as it gets IMO.

Kenneth's response in this thread is VASTLY different from an old Snyder response. Even if the customer is wrong ( may or may not be) why post a response like that? Simply explain what you believe happened, apologize and take care of the customer. Why risk losing customers over a perceived missed email or 2? Seems odd but I guess that may be their new leadership. Maybe they have grown to a point now where each customer doesn't matter and hit a point where a PITA customer ain't worth the squeeze.

Op, all this bull shit, and you never tried to call them ? I think you may be are the problem.
Middle of his opening post "called multiple times."

Your reading might be problematic.

The one time that I called them, I asked why it cost +-$20 to ship a gun bearer from Wheat Ridge to Fort Collins. The "representative" immediately got shitty with me. You could literally stick it in a stamped envelope...

hunterjmj

WKR

The one time that I called them, I asked why it cost +-$20 to ship a gun bearer from Wheat Ridge to Fort Collins. The "representative" immediately got shitty with me. You could literally stick it in a stamped envelope...
The shipping thing is ridiculous. Flat rate pricing is many industries is a bunch of crap. But I have a hard time believing he's called multiple times and no one answered. Maybe he's crazy and they had to block his number. Who knows.

But I have a hard time believing he's called multiple times and no one answered. Maybe he's crazy and they had to block his number. Who knows.
Exactly my thoughts. Regardless of how satisfied or unsatisfied he is with the customer service and who is right or wrong, to have not gotten a response in 10 emails and multiple calls is the hard part for me to believe.

Stalker69

WKR

Yes, my reading was problematic. I have no experience with kifaru, but I have multiple companies that I have tried email after email with no response. After a phone call or two, I normally get a hold of some and it's taken care of. He states multiple times, but not how many or even if those calls were during their business hours ( makes a huge differance). Guy noted here for op the get ahold of him, a little harsh on his remarks, but seems to be a normal thing now days. Hope op eventually got it taken care of.

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
My first introduction to Kifaru was this website. I then got a PM from Snyder himself with his Cell #. We chatted for a while about my needs and wants and I placed an order for a frame. Aron, himself, sent me his used DT2 free of charge if I purchased a new Duplex frame. Looking back, that was an excellent move on his part, as I have now spend thousands on different packs and frames. kifaru's customer service then was as good as it gets IMO.

Kenneth's response in this thread is VASTLY different from an old Snyder response. Even if the customer is wrong ( may or may not be) why post a response like that? Simply explain what you believe happened, apologize and take care of the customer. Why risk losing customers over a perceived missed email or 2? Seems odd but I guess that may be their new leadership. Maybe they have grown to a point now where each customer doesn't matter and hit a point where a PITA customer ain't worth the squeeze.
I've suspected that was a marketing scheme. He sucked me in the same way: Meet him and shot the shit for a little bit and exchanged #'s. He sent me a free pack and frame and I've since spent way more on stuff from them that I probably wouldn't have bought before hand.

I've suspected that was a marketing scheme. He sucked me in the same way: Meet him and shot the shit for a little bit and exchanged #'s. He sent me a free pack and frame and I've since spent way more on stuff from them that I probably wouldn't have bought before hand.
Marketing scheme or not, customer service doesn’t get any better than the owner giving you several hundred dollars worth of gear as a stranger.

I have bought a lot of stuff from kifaru, and everything has been excellent and haven’t needed to use customer service, but I wouldn’t be afraid to. I am not using their packs currently but I have liked everything I have bought from them and they have a great reputation in customer service. I will continue supporting them with certain products, waiting on a bino harness now, have a good amount of their clothes and gear, and have beat up their packs, and have never had a bad experience with any of it.

I consider them a top shelf company, and a second hand experience that I know nothing about doesn’t change that and shouldn’t for anyone with the information we have in this thread.

I like the exo k4 a bunch, it’s a standalone for me, but my kifaru was excellent as well, and soaked up abuse very well.

cubguy

FNG
I wouldn’t ever buy a piece of Kifaru gear. I find Aron Snyder to be sus as hell but I gotta side with the Snydee’s and can’t believe Kifaru didn’t answer his calls or emails. Seems like all the big name pack companies have great customer service and I would suspect the same of Kifaru.

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
It seems like the OP failed miserably at communication. If the product has an issue, put it in a box and ship it to kifaru. If it was faulty stitching they will fix it and return it to you. If it was your fault they will still likely fix it. Grow up and stop acting like a modern day teenager. They don't deserve you trying to run them into the ground and you still haven't resolved the issue. It's amazing how many people can't help themselves out of a simple situation!!! It's not even entertaining...just disappointing.

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Marketing scheme or not, customer service doesn’t get any better than the owner giving you several hundred dollars worth of gear as a stranger.

I have bought a lot of stuff from kifaru, and everything has been excellent and haven’t needed to use customer service, but I wouldn’t be afraid to. I am not using their packs currently but I have liked everything I have bought from them and they have a great reputation in customer service. I will continue supporting them with certain products, waiting on a bino harness now, have a good amount of their clothes and gear, and have beat up their packs, and have never had a bad experience with any of it.

I consider them a top shelf company, and a second hand experience that I know nothing about doesn’t change that and shouldn’t for anyone with the information we have in this thread.

I like the exo k4 a bunch, it’s a standalone for me, but my kifaru was excellent as well, and soaked up abuse very well.
I haven't tried the K4 but have had Exo packs before and liked them. For me Kifaru pack was more comfortable and I prefer it. A buddy of mine is just the opposite. Never had to use their customer service either and can't comment. What I can comment on is that under the circumstances that I met Aaron I can honestly say he is a stand up guy and does hold himself accountable.

I agree. I used to listen to the podcast and his cringeworthy arrogance turned me off in a big way. I get he can shoot and is a great hunter, but damn man, try being at least a little humble.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
It used to be the only podcast I listened to. "Post gritty" it was really enjoyable. Over time it seemed to turn into a brag-fest.