Kifaru - Disappointment

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. I used to listen to the podcast and his cringeworthy arrogance turned me off in a big way. I get he can shoot and is a great hunter, but damn man, try being at least a little humble.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
I've stayed out of this thread hoping it'd die, but I'll partake since it's devolved to owner attacks..
Kif customer service has been great for me. I know how Google works and can see their business hours. It also has their number. When I call that number during their business hours they have been beyond complimentary. I found the same with SG, I imagine exo would be the same.

I don't know Snyder, I've never met the guy, but I do listen to his podcast. He's published a pile of info on many platforms hashing through the same topics repeatedly. When his arrogance shows it seems to be when folks ask him questions he's answered in many places. And rather than doing a fraction of the work he did to get all his basis for info, folks press the easy button to ask him again. His general point is "do your own research and the info is there." If people would put in just an ounce of effort, he wouldn't have to seem like an a-hole telling them to go do a quick search. I have gleaned a ton of info from researching things. I don't call up a single person and ask them for their whole gear list. Or worse yet, asking teachers pet style questions they already know the answer to. Maybe he is a jerk, maybe he isn't. But no different than this platform not allowing unit #s be posted, the info is available if YOU PUT IN EFFORT. It's not that hard to find. And if I got asked the same question 100x a day I'd probably answer things the same.

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
I've stayed out of this thread hoping it'd die, but I'll partake since it's devolved to owner attacks..
Kif customer service has been great for me. I know how Google works and can see their business hours. It also has their number. When I call that number during their business hours they have been beyond complimentary. I found the same with SG, I imagine exo would be the same.

I don't know Snyder, I've never met the guy, but I do listen to his podcast. He's published a pile of info on many platforms hashing through the same topics repeatedly. When his arrogance shows it seems to be when folks ask him questions he's answered in many places. And rather than doing a fraction of the work he did to get all his basis for info, folks press the easy button to ask him again. His general point is "do your own research and the info is there." If people would out in just an ounce of effort, he wouldn't have to seem like an a-hole telling them to go do a quick search. I have gleaned a ton of info from researching thing. I don't call up a single person and ask them for their whole gear list. Or worse yet, asking teachers pet style questions they already know the answer to. Maybe he is a jerk, maybe he isn't. But no different than this platform not allowing unit #s be posted, the info is available if YOU PUT IN EFFORT. It's not that hard to find. And if I got asked the same question 100x a day I'd probably answer things the same.
I was more referring to hearing him repeatedly talking about how great he is, talking about how easy it is for him to kill shit at 100 yards with his bow, how no one makes gear as good as his, ect. ect. ect.

I don't hate him. I have a lot of respect for him and his abilities. But I have a lot more respect for people who are humble rather than braggadocious.

2ski

WKR
My one issue where he tried to draw the SCI guys on his pod into hating BHA. They were obviously uncomfortable and were there to promote their organization. Not trash another one.

But I love my DT2 and gunbearer.

And I don't think the op passes the smell test here. He was last seen yesterday so he's watching the thread but not posting.

WKR
I agree. I used to listen to the podcast and his cringeworthy arrogance turned me off in a big way. I get he can shoot and is a great hunter, but damn man, try being at least a little humble.

Abbreviated FIGJAM.

“F*#% I’m Good, Just Ask Me.”

Everytime I've dealt with the customer service it was great.

Once I emailed about a lead time and never got a reply, but it's something I could've called about. Really wasn't worried about it.

Recently was asking about a new belt because of a rip in my old one. They went above and beyond. Sent me new straps and a new belt at no cost.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll ask everyone to reel in thier comments on the OP, while documentation would go a long ways to verify this claim, they owe none of you a picture no matter how entitled you feel in this matter.

Seems like Kenneth has responded on behalf of Kifaru and now this issue is as resolved as it's going to get.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

mtmiller

WKR
Kifaru customer service has been great for me. I once emailed a question about some belt issues and got a quick response that included real time pictures to facilitate the process. Two thumbs up from me.

Atlas9214

FNG
Does Kifaru have a life time warrenty? I’m looking at purchasing an echo and a duffel from them.

Other companies manage to do just that in the USA like Stone Glacier, Exo Mountain and Seek Outside. They also manage to keep their prices 30% lower and their customer service just as good or better.
L
Not all of those manufactures are berry compliant. Or, at least some of what they offer is not sourced in the USA.

I had a bad experience with them 5-6 years ago that was similar in that they bad mouthed me and basically blamed me for their mistakes because I complained publicly. It was enough for me to never make purchases from them again and Aron Snyder himself talked down to me here on rokslide for having the audacity to not be thrilled with the company.

That was enough to make me sell off my kifaru stuff and look elsewhere. The fact of the matter is that kifaru is no longer standing alone at the top of the gear pile and talking down to customers no matter the situation is a bad move for business. When people spend a thousand dollars on a back pack they should not expect to have a company making accusatory forum posts about them.

For reference, I switched to stone glacier and have nothing but high praise for their customer service, they recently replaced the belt of a 5 year old gram on warranty with no questions asked. I’ll be recommending them to anybody who asks from here on out.
I’ve read this thousand dollar pack comment twice from you in this thread. I have zero problems with your personal feelings or experience. So, I’m not attacking you or even trying to disagree. Only rebuttal by saying that if you buy comparible packs, the price difference between Kifaru and exi averages 11%. So, if you are spending $1000 on Kifaru, you are spending $900 on exo.

It’s not the dramatic difference that gets peddled in these kifaru bashing threads.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve read this thousand dollar pack comment twice from you in this thread. I have zero problems with your personal feelings or experience. So, I’m not attacking you or even trying to disagree. Only rebuttal by saying that if you buy comparible packs, the price difference between Kifaru and exi averages 11%. So, if you are spending $1000 on Kifaru, you are spending $900 on exo.

It’s not the dramatic difference that gets peddled in these kifaru bashing threads.
Please tell me you didn’t actually sit down and do the math to find out the exact percentage kifaru cost over other backpacks.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member

Please tell me you didn’t actually sit down and do the math to find out the exact percentage kifaru cost over other backpacks.

It looks like it would be about $995 for the Kifaru frame, Hoodlum, Guide lid, and belt pouch BEFORE shipping/insurance/tax (Kifaru now has a shipping insurance option you pay for).

Exo K4 7200 with a belt pouch is $748 BEFORE shipping/tax.

That's a difference of $250 for pretty comparable packs. It is expensive to make things Berry compliant, which may explain some/most of the price difference.

The fact is that both pack systems come at a premium price, and both are high quality. Perceived value is up to the consumer in both cases.

Whew. I had to edit. Carrying around my phone in my pocket today I must have quoted 5 different posts unknowingly. lol
Exo K4 7200 with a belt pouch is $748 BEFORE shipping/tax.

That's a difference of $250 for pretty comparable packs. It is expensive to make things Berry compliant, which may explain some/most of the price difference.

The fact is that both pack systems come at a premium price, and both are high quality. Perceived value is up to the consumer in both cases.
I’ve never seen a need for a lid. I’ve never seen a need for a hoodlum either. I guess it’s like cars. You get to choose your needs. And pricing reflects that.

I’m not going back and look the latest thread back up. But, your pricing isn’t inline with the examples comparing the 44 mag and exo’s comparable offering. It was $110 counting tax and shipping. If they’ve changed pricing since then sobeit. But, I don’t think they have.

And, I agree. Both are great products offered by great companies.

Last edited:
Nope. Not on all packs. Just the 44 mag and exos comparable offering. Exo offers 1 bigger pack. Kifaru offers 4 times more. You can choose your price point. Or you can just lump it all together and imply that’s not an option.

Since we are addressing this, I did it because I’ve heard the pricing complaint for years. Nothings changed. Kifaru has always offered more options for customization. All at a price. With that you can buy a more affordable pack. Or, you can spend hundreds more if you’d like.

Im not disagreeing the new pricing can widen the gap on individual choices between the two. However, I personally think that’s fair. Everyone is in this to make money. And, payrolls aren’t cheap. Picking up and moving a business is expensive too. I’ll gladly pay what they ask. Because I’ve had nothing but great business dealing with them.

I understand your personal feelings on kifaru. I’d feel the same way likely. But, I’ve never been in your shoes and, didn’t experience what you did. So, for my needs, I can pay 11% more and get a kifaru. 100% sourced and built in the USA. And, if I didn’t already own a handful of packs, that’s what I’d do.

I’m not trying to rebut your feelings or your opinions. I hope you see that. Only putting things into perspective.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve never seen a need for a lid. I’ve never seen a need for a hoodlum either. I guess it’s like cars. You get to choose your needs. And pricing reflects that.

I’m not going back and look the latest thread back up. But, your pricing isn’t inline with the examples comparing the 44 mag and exo’s comparable offering. It was $110 counting tax and shipping. If they’ve changed pricing since then sobeit. But, I don’t think they have. It’s been 2 months since the last thread complaining of Kifaru’s pricing and acting as if exo was inline with Walmart pricing. It’s just something I did to point out the difference is minimal.

All that is fine, but my comparison is actually a fair one. And I want to be clear that I'm not stating one is a better value than the other. I'm simply showing that there is indeed a difference in price between the two companies. Kifaru, without a doubt, has more options and is more customizable.

Certain Kifaru configurations will cost less than the example I gave. But the 44 Mag is not a good comparison to the Exo K4 packs. The Hoodlum is very similar and the best apples-to-apples comparison IMO.

Edit to add: I have more Kifaru packs on my rack than any other brand and literally carry one everyday.

Last edited: