Kifaru Extra questions plus WTT/WTB/WTS

amp713

WKR
First off this is kinda classifieds but also looking for opinions so i didnt know where to put it.....

So i just picked up a bikini & Highcamp 4800 on the classifieds today and im already trying to figure out the extras!!!

First off is my spotting scope and tripod, Aron said they would fit in the back pouch OR the long pouch no problem. I have an alpen 15-45 and a vortex high country tripod that measures in at about 19" closed. Anyone running this set up or similiar? How much extra room do you have in that pocket with those both in there, enough to stash a puffy or something? Just think if I'm going to add weight find the one able to hold the most and weigh the least. Anyone else have a better way to do it? I plan to move to an angled Vortex by this summer so I will want something to work for that, still trying to decide which power to go to though.....

Also whats the best water bladder to attach inside the HC?? I just need water and alot of it! And has anyone tried to attach a cabelas lid to a high camp?? My dad has the cabelas pack and that removable lid has a bit of storage plus a pull out rain cover to make everything waterproof. Just a thought i had while lookin at pics. It would add CI plus the ability to be water proof, Idk the weight on it but might be something i look into.....

The pack I got has a grabit in highlander on it, I would really like to run the grabit 2, Im also interested in some pull outs, maybe a meat bag, and another belt pouch if anyone is selling any of the above. (Highlander camo though, I'm one of those matching pack guys"

This pack has the tactical small belt and I dont really need the tac belt so if anyone has a regular small belt and wants to trade let me know and we can work out a swap. Im a firm believer that if you can help someone and yourself out you should get on it.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do you want a different belt? The only difference is a single row of pals.

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have a backpouch in Highlander I'd be willing to sell ya incase you need an extra 1K cu in of space for that little 4800 ;)

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
I dont really want a different belt, i just dont need the Tac so if someone did id swap them so they'd get what they want... And Luke I'm thinking I might take you up on that! Can you fit a spotter & tripod in there pretty good? Cuz i need either the long or the back and it just depends on which can hold those the best!

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
I dont think I'll buy a new one. It doenst matter to me either way really but someone was looking for a tac belt at one time on here so i figured id just swap with anyone who wanted it.

dotman

WKR
The tac belt is nice if you have a holster with pals webbing. Keeps it from flopping.

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
I dont...... But now that you say that I might have to look towards one... Maybe ill wait till the pack shows up to see how mine fits though ha

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
Anyone have more insight on this? Really curious on the water bladder as i need to purchase a new one soon....

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
I dont have my pack yet, it should be here tuesday, but is there just a small velcro hook? Or how does that work? and does the hose have a spot to route out?

Lawnboi

WKR
msr drom for me as well. I just hang mine from the hanger. Its just a 3 bar slider on some webbing and a small d ring type thing. Stick the 3 bar slider through the d ring and it creates a loop to hold your bladder.

There is a hole for your hose as well

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
That should fit a tripod! Ill have to look into it! And that sounds fairly easy to pull off. Do you guys run the Drom that has cordura over it? Just as an added protection?

sfischer

FNG
Have you looked at the MSR Hydromedary bag? It comes with the hose built into the bottom of the bag and would be a little flatter than a dromedary bag with the angled hose attachment on the bottom. I just ordered one to try out so I can't say it's better. Maybe some one else with experience with the hydromedary bag will chime in with some pros or cons.
this video gives ya a run down of both if this is what you're looking for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNfhKleaoZQ

Last edited:

Rizzy

WKR
I run the spotter in the pack and the tripod in the bottom compression straps or the side compression straps. You will probably want at least a small belt pouch on the belt and a large belt pouch on the bottom side of the pack.

IMG_1115.jpg

Lawnboi

WKR
There's the lite version of the dromedary and the regular. I have one of each and haven't had problems with either. Though when I do buy another ill just get another regular one.

The regular is 1000d and I believe the lite one is something like 250. Both still stronger than your platy and camelbak bladders.

I also got the dromedary bags cause they are easy to clean and dry over something with a hose sticking out the bottom.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I've owned a couple of the dromlites and never the standard. I can't see a reason why to get the heavier one at this point and using them for 5 years or so now.