Kifaru KU 4300 review **Updated 2/25/24**

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Gnargali weighs 2lbs 11.2oz on my scale. 5090cui.

4300 plus lid reportedly weighs 2lb 9.6oz. 5050cui.

Sailcloth advantage is, waterPROOF.

Like the side pockets of the Gnargali though. But a lid has some organization advantage. And go sub 2lbs with just the bag.

It has a water bladder sleeve and the zippered pocket is not very large. I used the pocket for tags, knife, TP and small sand bag for rifle. It measures about 8”x9” and can stretch to maybe 2.5” deep.

Ha, perfect, so I still need to take the knife to the bag to cut some more weight eh?

Sounds like the zippered pocket will work great in tandem with the lid.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Those are included in bag weight I assume?
That would be my assumption. I can tell you that I looked at Kenneth at Kifaru like it was a practical joke on me when he handed me the ARK frame with the KU 4300 on it. The combo was so light I thought it was was not real.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Short answer, did Ultragrid impress you in any way other than weight? I've been beating the drum about Challenge fabrics for a while.

I'll pop a question in the ark thread as well.

Tony's Ark Frame teaser thread found here...
TOUGH as nails. That bag had its ass kicked between me and the other hunters that used/tested it. The very bag I used had multiple packouts before I ever used it.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you get the chance to cliff test the new ark frame?

Because honestly, that's what we all want to see.

I won't subject my flat back/ass to another kifaru frame if it won't survive the fall with me.
I did not but I heard Kifaru did do a cliff tesr and posted the video Instagram or something

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
There is no need for it. Exo does not have a shelf either and nobody complains about it. Just sandwhich the meat between bag and frame.

Lol, some didn’t take it well on a different thread when I said my K4 doesn’t have a shelf.

Kifaru frames are easily configured to manage a load the same way as EXO. Of course they sell bags with load shelves and slings too.

Gnargali weighs 2lbs 11.2oz on my scale. 5090cui.

4300 plus lid reportedly weighs 2lb 9.6oz. 5050cui.

Sailcloth advantage is, waterPROOF.

Like the side pockets of the Gnargali though. But a lid has some organization advantage. And go sub 2lbs with just the bag.

Feels like I'm taking crazy pills reading these posts about how UL and light the KU4300 feels. This new KU4300 isn't UL at all. The Argali, at 7000ci, weighs 1# 13oz and its 500D cordura. Add in a 500D cordura guide lid I cut the fluff off of and it's only adding 8oz. At 2# 5oz for the Argali and trimmed guide lid (8200ci total) is considerably more UL given the extra space.

Last edited:
Of course once I got my setup I had to weigh it, 25" ARK Frame with Small Belt and the KU4300+Lid is 5lbs 10.5oz or 5.66lbs which is right on the money at 5.65lbs per the site.

Already started surgery on the frame and pack. Need to do some measuring now to figure out where to cut the straps.

IMG_6284.jpeg

Last edited: