Kimber Montana

CajunLab

FNG
Just became the proud new owner of a Montana. It will be topped with a Swarovski Z5 what mount and rings do you fellas suggest?

MThuntr

WKR
talley...is the Z5 a 1" tube? I have a set of Low Talley rings that I mounted and lapped (probably need to clean up the lapping better) that I could part with for a little more than the cost of shipping if you're intersted.

USMC2602

WKR
Talleys here as well, on most of my rifles. They have a confusing amount of products, so I’ve often just picked up the phone and called them. Each time I’ve gotten a real live human, knowledgeable and helpful.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I email Talley customer service/support with rifle model and objective diameter and the response has always been timely and knowledgeable in recommending ring/mount height.

VernAK

WKR
When you've gone this far to get a light weight rifle it would make no sense to install large/heavy steel mounts and even more so, a large and heavy scope.

My 84L wears a 6x36 Leupold in Extra Low Talley lightweights at 5.25 pounds. The bolt handle shank would rub the ocular end of the scope just a bit......not really enough to hurt anything except a bit of scope finish. I relieved the handle shank a bit on my 1" belt grinder.

Sled

WKR
My 84L wears a 6x36 Leupold in Extra Low Talley lightweights at 5.25 pounds. The bolt handle shank would rub the ocular end of the scope just a bit......not really enough to hurt anything except a bit of scope finish. I relieved the handle shank a bit on my 1" belt grinder.

i put talley low's on my 84m and wish i would have gone mediums for more bolt clearance and better comb height alignment. usually i struggle to get good cheek weld without a pad but the comb must be a bit higher on these than my other rifles.

fwiw, this is with a burris 3-9x40

turley

Lil-Rokslider
When you've gone this far to get a light weight rifle it would make no sense to install large/heavy steel mounts and even more so, a large and heavy scope.
Couldn’t agree more...and wish Leupold still made that 6X36 scope.

OP
C

CajunLab

FNG
Talleys recommendation was mediums for the Swarovski scope. Thanks for all the help really enjoy this site!