Kimber Montana

CajunLab

FNG
Just became the proud new owner of a Montana. It will be topped with a Swarovski Z5 what mount and rings do you fellas suggest?

talley...is the Z5 a 1" tube? I have a set of Low Talley rings that I mounted and lapped (probably need to clean up the lapping better) that I could part with for a little more than the cost of shipping if you're intersted.

Talleys here as well, on most of my rifles. They have a confusing amount of products, so I’ve often just picked up the phone and called them. Each time I’ve gotten a real live human, knowledgeable and helpful.

I email Talley customer service/support with rifle model and objective diameter and the response has always been timely and knowledgeable in recommending ring/mount height.

When you've gone this far to get a light weight rifle it would make no sense to install large/heavy steel mounts and even more so, a large and heavy scope.

My 84L wears a 6x36 Leupold in Extra Low Talley lightweights at 5.25 pounds. The bolt handle shank would rub the ocular end of the scope just a bit......not really enough to hurt anything except a bit of scope finish. I relieved the handle shank a bit on my 1" belt grinder.

My 84L wears a 6x36 Leupold in Extra Low Talley lightweights at 5.25 pounds. The bolt handle shank would rub the ocular end of the scope just a bit......not really enough to hurt anything except a bit of scope finish. I relieved the handle shank a bit on my 1" belt grinder.

i put talley low's on my 84m and wish i would have gone mediums for more bolt clearance and better comb height alignment. usually i struggle to get good cheek weld without a pad but the comb must be a bit higher on these than my other rifles.

fwiw, this is with a burris 3-9x40

When you've gone this far to get a light weight rifle it would make no sense to install large/heavy steel mounts and even more so, a large and heavy scope.
Couldn’t agree more...and wish Leupold still made that 6X36 scope.

Talleys recommendation was mediums for the Swarovski scope. Thanks for all the help really enjoy this site!

Back