Late season cold gear

Agross

WKR
Cabelas wooltimate. Not sure what size you are but there was a pants and jacket set listed in the classifieds for a very good price.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Sitka Stratus jacket and bibs. But once it's below 35 ish, I wear the Fanatic jacket and add the Equinox-midi pants under the Stratus bibs when windy, often the Timberlines over the midi if calm winds. If it's really cold I swap out the Fanatic hoody for the older Cold Weather Hoody (Traverse now). That gives me a warmer mid layer with the thicker face mask and eliminates the need for two mid-layers. It was 34 degrees this morning here in PA and I opted for the Fanatic jacket over the Stratus and was almost too comfortable to stay awake ;) If you're way up North, I would get the Fanatic bibs and layer appropriately. I don't have a walk to a stand over 250 yards so over heating isn't a big issue.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt late season up in NW MN. I invested in a heater body suit years ago & it is my go to when the temps drop.

HCMike

FNG
Classified Approved
So i find myself every year be able to tolerate the cold deer season of MN less and less. As of right now i have the Sitka Stratus bibs and jacket. I layer well under it but it is not enough for our colder days. What is everyone running for late season sits? I want something as warm as possible.

Right now I am looking at the Incinerator set but no one that I know has any real world experience with them.

Tree stand or box blind hunts in MN. I hunt private land so I generally do not have to hike in to a stand

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
Heater body suit. Hands down best hunting related money I've ever spent. I hate hate hate being cold and besides feeling kind of silly getting into it the thing works. It has kept me on stand on many a cold mornings and is basically not possible to get cold wearing it. It's the reason I've taken many deer the last 10 or more years.

OP
N

Nkoza

Lil-Rokslider
Heater body suit. Hands down best hunting related money I've ever spent. I hate hate hate being cold and besides feeling kind of silly getting into it the thing works. It has kept me on stand on many a cold mornings and is basically not possible to get cold wearing it. It's the reason I've taken many deer the last 10 or more years.
I'm thinking this may be the route I go. I am with you I HATE being cold. Almost to the point where I'd rather be warm and inside. But with 3 young kids and my time hunting being limited I want to make most of the days that I can hunt regardless of the weather.

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
Totally agree, those nasty cold miserable days are some of the best hunting days too.

The Heater Body suit was a game changer for me. No amount of layered down/synthetic clothing can seemingly keep me warm for a long late season sit here in Ontario.

I do tend to run cold so take that into consideration. As mentioned, the Heater Body suit is not ideal for getting a quick shot at deer that suddenly appears.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
If lack of mobility doesn’t bother you get the Heater Body suit. Next up would be custom down garments then the Skre Parka and bibs with Pnuma heated vest.

OP
N

Nkoza

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a heater body suit in the classifieds here this morning. I’ll give that a whirl this season and see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions

In order when it's below 25 degrees:
1. Heater Body Suit
2. Stratus with a Pnuma heated vest and a Fanatic Vest
3. Fanatic Set (I sold mine since it's rarely used)

Drenalin

WKR
Cabelas wooltimate. Not sure what size you are but there was a pants and jacket set listed in the classifieds for a very good price.
It sold. If anyone else has a line on an XL Wooltimate Pullover, PM me.

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
In Michigan up: had good experience with using down puffy jacket as a layer under my down parka. Normal base layers. Down pants work Well.